CA Service Management

• 1.  Jasper Permissions

Posted Jan 11, 2018 05:49 AM

I´m using service management 14.1 with Jasper 6.2

My SDM environment is multi tenant environment, so we created folders in jasper that represents each tenant and created also roles with specific permissions to that folder.

Until now we only needed that users to execute already created reports, but now one of this users need to create its own reports, but it must not have full admin access, because of data of other tenants.

I want to know if it is possible to create a role that only allow this user to create reports only inside the tenant folder.

• 2.  Re: Jasper Permissions

Posted Jan 11, 2018 08:25 AM

Hi Paulo,

I think you should be able to set folder permissions per-role.  But I need to first understand how you are using jasper.  When you say that they need to create their own reports, are they using jasper studio to do so?  OR do you have a domain created, and they are using the domain to create ad-hoc views in jasper through the web interface?   Is your data source connected to the object layer of SDM or directly to the MDB?   With  that information, I can point you in the right direction.

Let us know,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Jasper Permissions
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 11, 2018 09:53 AM

Hi

I will use jasper web.

I discovered that granting user the role REPORT_DESIGNER solved the problem