CA Service Management

• 1.  xFlow only allows Incident categories

Posted Jan 11, 2018 12:38 PM

Hello,

We've noticed in xFlow that if we make the ticket type available to the end-user then, when creating a ticket he can select between Request/Incident/Problem. This leads us to two scenarios.

1- If he chooses the problem, when saving the ticket it ends in error.

2- Whether an Incident or a Request is chosen, only the categories for incidents are visible.

Anyone getting the same behaviour?

How can this be solved?

Thank you in advance

• 2.  Re: xFlow only allows Incident categories

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 11, 2018 12:59 PM

Francisco,

I would suggest reviewing this document:

Commands ‘/Request’ (‘/RE’) and/or ‘/Incident’ (‘/IN’) in xFlow Command Bar could be unavailable 

You are unable to create "Problem" cases through the current xFlow interface, which could be the reason that is failing (using /PR launches a Service Desk interface window). Try to alter the "TicketType" setting that is mentioned in this document to allow both ticket types, Request and Incident, and see if that helps.

• 3.  Re: xFlow only allows Incident categories

Posted Jan 12, 2018 05:22 AM

Hi Alexander,

For the Problem issue, it's fine for me, but in my understanding if we are not allowed to create Problems, why it is selectable in the xFlow.

Regarding the Categories topic, if you see the following printscreen, we added the "Category" and the "Ticket Type" fields.

If we set the value of TicketType to 3 on ServiceDesk. On xFlow when we change the "Ticket Type" to incident the "Category" field still filters only for Requests categories.

Again, when setting the value to 2, then on xFlow if we change the ticket type to Request, only Categories for incidents are shown.

The idea is, when changing the ticket type on xFlow, then the categories visible for the user should be the ones related with that ticket type.

• 4.  Re: xFlow only allows Incident categories

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 12, 2018 10:04 AM

Francisco, for each of the problems you described above, please open a Support case so CA Support can assist. Thanks _Chi

• 5.  RE: Re: xFlow only allows Incident categories

Posted Sep 14, 2020 11:06 AM
    I still have this issue today on CA 17.3. Has it been fixed?

• 6.  RE: Re: xFlow only allows Incident categories

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 14, 2020 03:09 PM
    Best course of action here is to open a support ticket.

Do let us know if you need help creating the support case.  

------------------------------
    Paul Coccimiglio
    Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom Inc.

• 7.  Re: xFlow only allows Incident categories
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 22, 2018 12:56 PM

Hi Francisco - 

Per the last comment made on this thread, will agree that best course of action here is to open a support ticket. Do let us know if you need help creating the support case.  

Thank You,

• 8.  RE: Re: xFlow only allows Incident categories

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 15, 2020 03:58 AM
    Edited by Brian Mathato Sep 15, 2020 03:58 AM
    Hi Francisco,

Just wondering how things work on the normal GUI when you try creating the same tickets?

Do you perhaps have data-partition restrictions on the role in question that you have not taken into consideration, thus giving this behavior?

Kind Regards,
    Brian

• 9.  RE: Re: xFlow only allows Incident categories

Posted Sep 16, 2020 03:48 AM
    i have to acknowledgte that things goes correctly now.
    I expose the ticket type field in creating the ticket, and the categories are correctly accessible: the incident ones if the ticket type is incident, the request ones if it's a request. Changing the type, categories change too.
    I'm sorry, but for some reason, setting 3 to tickettype xflow general setting, despite having restarted the services, took some time.
    The day after all worked correctly​.
    I still have an issue: is it possibile that there is on the GUI no way to know IF it's an incident or a request? The only way is exposing the field on the card (1 of 6 is a hi cost) or accessing the details.
    It's a main information!
    What do you think about this?