DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  experience card per caller of a webservice

Posted Jan 11, 2018 08:25 AM

hi, we have a webservice that is used/called by 3 different companies (caller). the only differentiator is a parameter (their id) in the called method and the source IP.
    because of some load/performance issue, we would like to monitor the usage of webservice per company and display each company on separate experience card in ATC.
    1. any idea/suggestion how to do it technically? =  can we separate the webservice by some tracer based on a parameter for each caller and display them under individual metric per caller? if so, how please?

B) i suppose we could use these separate metrics as attribute for Experience card? am i right?

thank you

• 2.  Re: experience card per caller of a webservice

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 11, 2018 08:48 AM

Hi Pivst,

As per my understanding you can try to find a work around for the same. You can monitor the Webservices traffic by TIM. And you can record the webservices as you record the business transaction and find out the differentiator in the called webservices URL or it's signature. By this way you can differentiate them for particular user and can get matrices for the same. Like this your  can get different user of the webservice and you can also show them in experience cards by the webservices user.

webservices can be recorded because they are also a transaction with URL.

Please let me know if it works for you.

• 3.  Re: experience card per caller of a webservice

Posted Jan 12, 2018 02:34 AM

Hi Saipa,

there is no TIM because of some security restrictions/reason. any other idea please how it could be done without TIM "just" with Introscope? thank you, stefan

• 4.  Re: experience card per caller of a webservice

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 12, 2018 10:51 AM

Dear Stefan:

You may also want ask on the internal boards. This is more of a discussion (how to/best practices or solution). I cross-posted to APM Development as well.

Please feel free to share your progress/solutions to help other

Thanks

Hal German