CA Service Management

• 1.  CA Service Catalog, Connection Failure, To EEM

Posted Jan 12, 2018 01:55 PM

Hey all,

CA Service Catalog has connected fine to the EEM in the past. This is a relatively new installation in a testing environment. We applied SSL certifications to the web layer (not background layer) of EEM through iTechnology. 

This historically (and in this case) caused the connections between the applications and EEM too no longer function correctly. So I went ahead and reconfigured Process Automation works fine.

When attempting to reconfigure CA Service Catalog I'm getting the following error, almost instantly:

EEM connection for host dhslab-appl147 is not successful. Please verify the connection details.

I have attempted pointing to the primary server, the secondary server. Using the FQDN. Using the load balancer. None of the options appear to work. The attempts WILL lock out the EEM, EiamAdmin, account which seems to indicate that the query is at least reaching the server then being denied. Or not accepted. Not sure if this is an issue with needing to dump the certificate chain for the SSL into the JAVA cacerts keystore? But I have never had to do this within EEM in the past.

I have PING and communicate with all of those domains without issue.

There are no firewalls currently on (or active), within this environments.

Any thoughts?

• 2.  Re: CA Service Catalog, Connection Failure, To EEM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 15, 2018 02:38 AM

Good Morning Jordan.

Please check on the following, somewhat formal kind of statement:
    This 'Community' functionality is meant for relatively simple questions&(quick)answers for CA Service Catalog.
    Looking into this one, it seems/appears that a 'quick answer' can not be made available within this community thread.
    More likely, 'investigation' and/or 'debugging' is needed to find a possible cause and solution for this.
    Therefor I need to ask you to consider to open a 'standard' case.
    Through which you can get 'standard' and 'full-service' follow-up by our Support Teams.

Thanks in advance for your understanding and kind regards, Louis.

• 3.  Re: CA Service Catalog, Connection Failure, To EEM
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 15, 2018 12:05 PM

Already been self-resolved!

Thanks, Louis.

LOUIS van AMELSFORT wrote:

Good Morning Jordan.

Please check on the following, somewhat formal kind of statement:
    This 'Community' functionality is meant for relatively simple questions&(quick)answers for CA Service Catalog.
    Looking into this one, it seems/appears that a 'quick answer' can not be made available within this community thread.
    More likely, 'investigation' and/or 'debugging' is needed to find a possible cause and solution for this.
    Therefor I need to ask you to consider to open a 'standard' case.
    Through which you can get 'standard' and 'full-service' follow-up by our Support Teams.

Thanks in advance for your understanding and kind regards, Louis.