DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Deploy probes without IM

Posted Jan 12, 2018 05:35 AM

Hello CA Guys,

I need your help.

There is a way to deploy/install a probe in a agent of monitoring directly copyng the probe's folder on monitored server? For example, copy and paste folder of CDM probe on a Server and extract and activate in some way.

Thanks

• 2.  Re: Deploy probes without IM

Posted Jan 12, 2018 05:53 AM

• 3.  Re: Deploy probes without IM

Posted Jan 12, 2018 07:06 AM

Hello Alex,

Thanks for your reply.

I followed this steps, but none worked.

I did some test in an homologation environment.

I put the following files to C:\Program Files (x86)\Nimsoft\probes\system\cdm

cdm.cfx

cdm.cfg

cdm.exe

And I put the xml file (called cdm.xml) on C:\Program Files (x86)\Nimsoft\robot

But the probe does not appear on probe list in IM. 

And I restarted the robot and try to execute the command probe_verify, but error found.

Do you know what could be wrong? I am administrator of nimsoft and windows servers (hub and robot)

• 4.  Re: Deploy probes without IM

Posted Jan 12, 2018 07:26 AM

Hi Jean!

Did you bring the cdm.cfg and xml file from other cdm that was deployed and its working?

Then just edit the correct fields about the robot

Finally, please use as mentioned in the document all this commands:

1. Execute the following command to restart the robot from the Nimsoft\bin folder
      1. pu.exe -u administrator -p password /Nimsoft6dom/Nimsoft6hub/server1/controller probe_deactivate controller
      2. pu.exe -u administrator -p password /Nimsoft6dom/Nimsoft6hub/server1/controller probe_activate controller
    1. You will need to put some sort of Wait in your script for the Robot to restart before continuing. I use “Ping –n xx localhost” but you may have another method…
    1. Execute the following command to Security Validate (generate magic key) from the Nimsoft\bin folder
      1. pu.exe -u administrator -p password /Nimsoft6dom/Nimsoft6hub/server1/controller probe_verify cdm
    1. Execute the following command to restart the robot from the Nimsoft\bin folder
      1. pu.exe -u administrator -p password /Nimsoft6dom/Nimsoft6hub/server1/controller probe_deactivate controller
      2. pu.exe -u administrator -p password /Nimsoft6dom/Nimsoft6hub/server1/controller probe_activate controller

• 5.  Re: Deploy probes without IM

Posted Jan 12, 2018 07:37 AM

Alex,

I got the .cfx and .cfg from another cdm, from another robot that is working, but the xml file I take from KB.

I copy and paste the values recommended on KB.

Where I can found a xml from another cdm probe? I did not found. 

• 6.  Re: Deploy probes without IM
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 12, 2018 08:30 AM

Jean,

In the procedure informs to input that xml information into the cfg file, not to create cdm.xml.

• 7.  Re: Deploy probes without IM

Posted Jan 12, 2018 10:28 AM

Alex,

Thank you very much, my fault.

Worked now! 

• 8.  Re: Deploy probes without IM

Posted Jan 12, 2018 10:30 AM

Good news!

Could you please mark the correct answer!

Tks!