Rally Software

• 1.  Manual ranking of user stories

Posted Jan 12, 2018 12:15 PM

I am having issues with doing manual ranking. I have searched thru the message board and haven't been able to find a solution. I am trying to rank my users stories and don't want to do a drag and drop because all drag and drop does is create a relative position of a story. I would really appreciate any help. Places I have tried:

1. I have checked on the detail page and there is no field visible.

2. I have tried multi-edit and rank field is disabled, but the help for "rank" says I can do this via multi-edit

• 2.  Re: Manual ranking of user stories
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 15, 2018 04:57 AM

Manish,

Agile Central Workspaces can be set to either Drag-and-drop ranking or Manual ranking, not both.

In order to change a Workspace ranking method, you must be a Subscription or Workspace Administrator.  Changing a ranking method will impact all the users in the Workspace, so it is necessary to ensure all the users are willing to switch.  Your rank method is administered separately for each workspace.  Each method has advantages and disadvantages for your style of prioritization. Consequently, changing from one method to another requires foresight and planning.  Drag-and-drop ranking is the default rank method for new workspaces.

I think you have already seen them, but just in case, here are the relative Help documents for ranking and changing the ranking method.

Drag and Drop ranking | CA Agile Central Help

Manual ranking | CA Agile Central Help 

Michael