CA Service Management

• 1.  How can a user claim a request?

Posted Jan 15, 2018 04:24 PM

Hi! Which is a way for users to claim a pending action in Service Catalog? And how can i log that claim and notify the responsable for the pending action?

Thanks

Regards

• 2.  Re: How can a user claim a request?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 16, 2018 03:06 AM

Good Morning Sebastian.

There are several ways/settings/configurations to accomplish this.

Some thoughts on this then are:
    - It depends on the role of the userid that is logged-in to CA Service catalog.
    - You can create Event-Rule-Action(ERA) for sending an email.
    - Set possible 'options' in SC/catalog/Configuration/Request Management Configuration (request)

Forgive me upfront.
    However, seeing a number of questions being raised by you recently.
    I want to suggest to engage you CA Sales representative and check whether you can subscribe to a CA Service catalog Class?
    For you to join a training for the product and get a good overview?

Thanks in advance for your understanding on this.

• 3.  Re: How can a user claim a request?

Posted Jan 16, 2018 08:37 AM

Hi Louis, first of all i want to thank you for always answering my questions and sorry for so many posts!

But Im a bit concerned about your answer.  Isn't the aim of this community to ask, share, propose ideas, solutions, problems, questions, and information related to CA's products? Is CA's real goal of this community to sell us a service or  is it to give the best of your products?

These kind of products are not so popular among the internet so I have only 2 places to get information online: the documentation and this community. Unfortunately I took the classes and also I hired services for Catalog and they didnt have the answers to our questions and needs, so now I'm on my own with Service Catalog. 

• 4.  Re: How can a user claim a request?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 16, 2018 08:51 AM

Good Afternoon Sebastian.

Thanks for your response and I want to reply.

The purpose of my proposal was purely positively meant as such.
    As it appears more(often) for your own benefit and 'ease of working with the product', that I proposed to attend a training for the product.

And I have to say no, it is not my intention to sell anything to you.

And indeed it is our goal to get each and every customer to work with the product and to make use of the product the best possible way.
    And for that we organize (among others) this community, indeed.
    As an open entry for asking questions about how to get the best out of the product.

And yes, you may ask as much questions as you need. No worries.
    And 'we', the community of which CA is a member too, will try the best we can to assist you also the best way possible.

So, whenever you have a question to raise, please do.
    And when possible 'we' try to answer those to our best knowledge.
    And when needed, you can always open a standard case, should the issue that you raise appears too difficult to handle in this community.

I am looking forward to contact you again in this community.

Thank you very much in advance for your understanding of my intentions.
    And for your patience in getting your questions answered.

With most kind regards, Louis.

• 5.  Re: How can a user claim a request?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 16, 2018 09:03 AM

• 6.  Re: How can a user claim a request?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 16, 2018 09:43 AM

And some other related information I found for you:

Related settings of the Catalog Management Configuration.
    For "Proxy Action", "Proxy Request", and "Edit Request".

In SC/catalog/Config/Request Management Configuration (request)

These configurations mainly control the display of the "Edit", "Perform Action", and "Fulfill" button.
    Per design, with the perferred configurations, for example, giving "Proxy Action" access to the request manager, he or she can "proxy" the admin

action - to fulfill a request even if he or she is not the approver of or assigned to that request.
    In addition, the display of these buttons are also controlled by the overallrequest status instead of the status of the single service(each service within the request).

For example, if multiple services are in a request, and the button will display for the user to perform the available action specific for the request status,
    even though all services are completed, except one service,
    included in the request has an action to be performed.
    One other factor may also be related is the design of the Workflow processes and the defined status codes.
    Since the displayed of the buttons are also controlled by the old and current status code, the buttons may still be displayed because of the specific status code.

Access Control: Proxy Action
    Access Control: Proxy Request
    Access Control: Proxy Request Submission
    Access Control: Push Through Request

Kind regards, Louis.

• 7.  Re: How can a user claim a request?

Posted Jan 18, 2018 04:16 AM

Hello Sebastian

I think that the main thing to consider is that a standard Catalog user cannot simply claim a request pending action. There are a few different ways that a request pending action can be actioned by someone other than the assignee, but none of these enable a Catalog user to claim a request pending action.

If a user has the appropriate role they can see the request pending action and then use the override functionality to approve or reject the request.

A user with the appropriate role can transfer the request pending action to another user. (see Catalog, Configuration, Options, Request Management Configuration, "Access Control: Proxy Request" setting)

A user with the appropriate role can define a delegate for their request pending actions. (see Catalog, Configuration, Options, Request Management Configuration, "Access Control: Delegate Request Pending Action" setting)

If you have any more questions, please ask here.

Steve

• 8.  Re: How can a user claim a request?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 19, 2018 09:41 AM

Are you good, with the info Steve and I provided?

Please let us know. Thanks in advance and kind regards, Louis.

• 9.  Re: How can a user claim a request?

Posted Feb 02, 2018 09:06 AM

Hi! Thank you everyone for your help and forgive me for my delay on the answer but i was on holidays 

My case is that our users will have the "Catalog User" role which can't transfer, delegate or override. Which is correct for our needs.

We have a call center that has the "Request Manager" role which can do all of the above functions. So if a user need one of those actions can call them.

My problem is the following, when an approver forgets to approve a request (which is very common) the user needs to claim it. What i can see from all the knowledge that i have is that the user can't claim it through Catalog, so they have to send an email or call the approver. Is that right? 

I think that Catalog is a great self service product, so it would be great if the user can still do that action by themself instead of using another tool or calling the call center.

Regards!