CA Service Management

• 1.  Assignee_prev feild for ca service desk

Posted Jan 16, 2018 04:26 AM

Dear Team 

i need to know is assignee _prev feild can be used  to get the data of previous assignee of  an incident which he transfer to new one in ca service desk. as we want to show  previous assignee of and incident.

regards

Talha 

• 2.  Re: Assignee_prev feild for ca service desk

Posted Jan 16, 2018 05:04 AM

Hi Talha,

the assignee_prev field is certainly available when a transfer happens.  It is commonly used in an activity notification message template, or in a site-defined condition.  How do you wish to use it?

Regards,

James

• 3.  Re: Assignee_prev feild for ca service desk

Posted Jan 16, 2018 05:11 AM

we wish to use  to show the previous assignee of an incident in report when that incident is assigned to new person

• 4.  Re: Assignee_prev feild for ca service desk
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 16, 2018 06:33 AM

hi,

as a workaround you can publish new attribute in cr factory, for example call it z_assignee_prev (type SREL: cnt).

then create followed files within site/mods/majic folder:

// fileName: z_assignee_prev.mod
    MODIFY cr POST_VALIDATE z_assignee_prev(assignee) 7000 FILTER(assignee{} && EVENT("UPDATE"));
    // fileName: z_assignee_prev.spl
    cr::z_assignee_prev(...) {
         if (!is_empty(argv[2])) {
              logf(SIGNIFICANT, "%s > assignee changed: %s > %s", persistent_id, argv[2], argv[3]);
              send_wait(0, this, "call_attr", "z_assignee_prev", "set_val", (uuid)argv[2], "SURE_SET");
         }
    }

this is very simple customization but I want to warn you that SPL customization is not recommended and not supported by vendor.

Regards,

cdtj

• 5.  Re: Assignee_prev feild for ca service desk

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 16, 2018 09:10 AM

Talha, those ***_prev are local variables which means you can't use them after notification. So if you really want to keep

the previous value, please see Timur's reply, Thanks _Chi

• 6.  Re: Assignee_prev feild for ca service desk

Posted Jan 24, 2018 10:16 AM

I didnot get taimur reply also i want to show the previous assignee in the dash board that  if  an assingee transfer the tickets to some user then the previous assignee of that incident have to be shown in the feild. in activity logs its shows when transfer activity is performed but how could i reflect that previous assignee in report by using assingee_prev  variable

• 7.  Re: Assignee_prev feild for ca service desk

Posted Jan 24, 2018 09:00 PM

Hi Usman,

as Chi Chen and cdtj pointed out above, the 'assignee_prev' is held locally (presumably in a cache) and cannot be relied on to persist over time.  In my testbed it disappears after a service restart, for example.  To make it persist so you can report against it, you need to create a custom field 'z_assignee_prev' to the 'cr' object to hold the previous assignee, and add a trigger to capture the value when 'assignee' is updated, as cdtj shows above.

Finally, to make that field accessible in a report - if you are still using the Business Objects CABI you will have to create an Attribute Alias for the new field against the 'cr' object, and add the field to your CABI Universe.

If you need any more detail on how to do any or all of the above, please reply.

Regards,

James

• 8.  Re: Assignee_prev feild for ca service desk

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 17, 2018 10:17 AM

Usman.......

Did the information CDJT provide answer your question?

If so, please mark his answer as correct so that this thread can be closed.