Test Data Manager

• 1.  Not able to publish using TDMPublisherService API

Posted Jan 16, 2018 04:45 AM

Hi,

I am trying to automate the process of publishing using the API TDMPublisherService, But I am finding difficult to input the parameters.

Let me brief on the things that I have tried before posting a query on this portal.

I am using Postman to get the authorization and Bearer token with which I am successfully able to connect to the server. I also imported the [1] TDM API - Postman collection. into my POSTMAN application. 

Now, on following [2]  Use APIs to Prepare Test Data for Non-Relational Sources - CA Test Data Manager - 3.6 - CA Technologies Documentation and the TDM API Imported from first link I see a difference 

I get result as 

I am not able to understand what data, I need to fill and from where do I get that data.

Some detailed explanation on the inputs that needs to be provided would be really helpful. 

Also, Why there is a difference in the API between the link [1] and [2] Just to make sure I have imported the right API

Is there any debugging methods or logs that gets created for which I can track on the errors? 

Thanks and regards

Prashanth

• 2.  Re: Not able to publish using TDMPublisherService API

Posted Jan 16, 2018 08:26 AM

Hi Prashanth, 

Have you tried looking at the most recent documentation for this? Use APIs to Prepare Test Data for Non-Relational Sources - CA Test Data Manager - 4.4 - CA Technologies Documentation and API NOTES and examples 

TDM 3.6 has an end of service announcement out for it, so we suggest upgrading to the latest version of TDM. 

CA Test Data Manager 3.6 End of Service Announcement 

How to Download Test Data Manager 

If you experience any further issues, we suggest opening a support case for this. 

Contact CA Support - CA Technologies 

Peter.DeZutter and Mark_Ireland, do you have any suggestions?

• 3.  Re: Not able to publish using TDMPublisherService API

Posted Jan 17, 2018 12:53 AM

Hi Taylor,

I appreciate your support, 

I already tried the first two links that you have sent before even me posting the question, It looks similar to what I had in my query except the version number. I am not able to open the other two links due to some authorization. What would really help me is any real-time example for the usage of TDMPublisherService API to automate the process of publishing.

Thanks,
    Prashanth

• 4.  Re: Not able to publish using TDMPublisherService API
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 17, 2018 08:12 AM

Hi Prashanth, It might be best if you open a support case for this issue. Contact CA Support - CA Technologies 

• 5.  Re: Not able to publish using TDMPublisherService API

Posted Jan 17, 2018 08:16 AM

Is shows I am not authorized for that portal, Below is the screen shot attached

• 6.  Re: Not able to publish using TDMPublisherService API

Posted Jan 17, 2018 08:21 AM

You can call to open a support case. US number is 1-800-225-5224. All other numbers listed here: https://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/contact-support.html#numbers 

• 7.  Re: Not able to publish using TDMPublisherService API

Posted Jan 18, 2018 05:38 AM

Hi Taylor,

I am not able to contact to the link that you have posted, My concern is, was there not even a single API that has been used ! to set as an example.

I want to go through one example so that I have a better idea on the API's that are available.

Thanks,

Prashanth 

• 8.  Re: Not able to publish using TDMPublisherService API

Posted Jan 18, 2018 07:58 AM

Hi Peter.DeZutter and Mark_Ireland, are you able to help Prashanth? 

• 9.  Re: Not able to publish using TDMPublisherService API

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 18, 2018 08:24 AM

Hi Prashanth,

The error is pointing to an incorrect publish type.

In the screenshot you posted it wasn't readable to what "publishTo" was set. But it should be set to TGT and also all the values used in the body must exist. Eg. the target and source connection profiles do need to exist.

And also it is normal that you see a difference, since the publish job in the postman collection is a relational source . And the documentation you are referring to is a publish for non-relational data source.

Best regards,

Peter

• 10.  Re: Not able to publish using TDMPublisherService API

Posted Jan 18, 2018 08:39 AM

Hi Peter, 

Ya, Based on the error message I got to know that, Can you please help me in getting the credentials

Thanks,

Prashanth