Test Data Manager

• 1.  CA TDM Portal 4.4 - Connection Profile Issues

Posted Jan 17, 2018 07:35 AM

Hi Team,

I just completed a fresh installation of CA TDM version 4.4, and I am facing issue and not able to create new profiles. I have never faced these issues with earlier versions.

Based on one of the comments in an earlier post: (CA TDM Portal - Connection Profile issues ) , I enabled the DEBUG mode and followed all the steps mentioned at TDM Portal: How to enable debugging for TDM Portal ,but I am still not seeing any logs being created so far at C:\Program Files\CA\CA Test Data Manager Portal\. In fact, there is no folder named "logs" there under this path.

1. I am getting the below error when clicking on "Connection Profiles" under Configuration tab.

Error: "Failed to get the list of profiles"

2. And I am getting the below error while creating a new connection.

Error: "Failed to create a new profile"

Any help in this regard would be helpful.

Thanks & Regards,

Ankur Mathur

• 2.  Re: CA TDM Portal 4.4 - Connection Profile Issues

Posted Jan 17, 2018 08:15 AM

Hi, Ankur,

Remove all the contents of ( Program Data) logs and restart the portal and Clear the Browser Cache , It should fix the issue. Else Please log a support ticket.. 

Hope it helps..

Thanks and Regards,

Manju

• 3.  Re: CA TDM Portal 4.4 - Connection Profile Issues

Posted Jan 17, 2018 11:38 AM

Hi Manju, I tried clearing the browser cache, temp internet files etc but to no use. Also, there were no logs for me, as i mentioned earlier. Thnx.

• 4.  Re: CA TDM Portal 4.4 - Connection Profile Issues
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 17, 2018 08:17 AM

Hi Ankur, we have a knowledge base article on this error: https://support.ca.com/us/knowledge-base-articles.TEC1628054.html 

Please let us know if it helps. If not, please open a support case. Contact CA Support - CA Technologies 

• 5.  Re: CA TDM Portal 4.4 - Connection Profile Issues

Posted Jan 17, 2018 11:41 AM

Hi Taylor,

The knowledge base article only suggest to restart the TDM Portal service, and I tried that as well, but still stuck with this issue.

I'll try couple of other things as well, and if it still doesn't work, then I'll probably open a support ticket, unless someone helps me resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Ankur Mathur

• 6.  Re: CA TDM Portal 4.4 - Connection Profile Issues

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 17, 2018 12:58 PM

Can you please try logging into datamaker to see if you can create a new connection profile there ?

• 7.  Re: CA TDM Portal 4.4 - Connection Profile Issues

Posted Jan 17, 2018 09:46 PM

If you're still having the issue, please open a support case. Contact CA Support - CA Technologies 

• 8.  Re: CA TDM Portal 4.4 - Connection Profile Issues

Posted Jan 25, 2018 02:18 AM

Just to keep everyone updated, this issue was resolved by upgrading the TDM Portal from 4.4.0.9 to 4.4.0.10.

Thanks Everyone for your help !!

• 9.  Re: CA TDM Portal 4.4 - Connection Profile Issues

Posted Mar 20, 2018 04:15 PM

I am having 4.4.0.23 version of TDM Protal - when I am trying to connect to a Client Database, getting below error. But the same DB is connecting good in Datamaker and Subset tool.

In TDM Portal:

Failed to connect.

The server replied: Could not get JDBC Connection; IO Error: Connection reset
    IN LOGS:
    c.c.t.c.e.h.GlobalExceptionConvertor:  HTTP Error - SERVICE UNAVAILABLE: Could not get JDBC Connection; nested exception is java.sql.SQLRecoverableException: IO Error: Connection reset