Service Virtualization

Expand all | Collapse all

New to SVCE and following the tutorial steps for recording. Timeout error encountered when sending request to OpenWeatherMap.

• 1.  New to SVCE and following the tutorial steps for recording. Timeout error encountered when sending request to OpenWeatherMap.

Posted Jan 17, 2018 11:17 AM

Has anyone encountered the same issue here?. Not sure if there is a property that needs to be added in the properties files. The SVCW tutorial steps when followed leads to timeout error. API key used is provided by site after setting up account and using a free key. Also not sure if the key expires after a few days.

• 2.  Re: New to SVCE and following the tutorial steps for recording. Timeout error encountered when sending request to OpenWeatherMap.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 17, 2018 11:32 AM

Please verify if the port that you are using for recording is the one that you are using for triggering the request. Can you please share the details / screenshots if the issue still persists. 

• 3.  Re: New to SVCE and following the tutorial steps for recording. Timeout error encountered when sending request to OpenWeatherMap.

Posted Jan 18, 2018 11:58 AM

The ports are different. For recording the tutorial asked to put to 8100 and the system being recorded to 80. https://docops.ca.com/svcommunityedition/tutorials is the link to the tutorial. 

• 4.  Re: New to SVCE and following the tutorial steps for recording. Timeout error encountered when sending request to OpenWeatherMap.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 18, 2018 12:03 PM

Thanks for confirming. Can you please share a screenshot of the error. 

• 5.  Re: New to SVCE and following the tutorial steps for recording. Timeout error encountered when sending request to OpenWeatherMap.

Posted Jan 18, 2018 11:16 AM

Also, can you provide a link to which tutorial you are trying to do?

• 6.  Re: New to SVCE and following the tutorial steps for recording. Timeout error encountered when sending request to OpenWeatherMap.

Posted Jan 18, 2018 11:58 AM

• 7.  Re: New to SVCE and following the tutorial steps for recording. Timeout error encountered when sending request to OpenWeatherMap.

Posted Jan 18, 2018 11:59 AM

Tutorial: Create a Virtual Service by Recording

• 8.  Re: New to SVCE and following the tutorial steps for recording. Timeout error encountered when sending request to OpenWeatherMap.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 18, 2018 12:12 PM

I have configured the recorder and triggered transaction as shown and it works. Please verify once.

• 9.  Re: New to SVCE and following the tutorial steps for recording. Timeout error encountered when sending request to OpenWeatherMap.

Posted Jan 18, 2018 12:46 PM

Here is the screen shot. I know you can make it work but what is it that we are doing here that prevents us from recording? Do you know.

URI : http://localhost:8100/data/2.5/weather?id=2172797&appid=d940a1affef1c4d3446d5c1544acae08

Recording Screen :

Error Response and Screen Print:

============================================================================

| HTTP

============================================================================

| Message:     java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

• 10.  Re: New to SVCE and following the tutorial steps for recording. Timeout error encountered when sending request to OpenWeatherMap.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 18, 2018 01:21 PM

From the screenshots, it is not clear if the recorder started. Please click on Start Recorder button after you have put in the necessary details. And please use the API Explore to trigger the transaction. If you still face the issue, please drop me a note at SuryaAnilKumar.Suravarapu@ca.com. We can connect offline to debug this. 

• 11.  Re: New to SVCE and following the tutorial steps for recording. Timeout error encountered when sending request to OpenWeatherMap.

Posted Jan 18, 2018 01:40 PM
      |   view attached

Thank you for your reply. I am sending this to Dhana. He will handle this issue with you.

Shane Angeles | Service Virtualization

BMO Financial Group | Technology & Operations | DevOps & Shared Services

•Work: 416.773.2493 | •Cell: 416.274.7930   • shane.angeles@bmo.com<blocked::mailto:shane.angeles@bmo.com> | RIM: 29BA0A12

Visit us at www.bmo.com<http://www.bmo.com/>

This email and its attachments are confidential. Any unauthorized use or disclosure is prohibited. If you receive this email in error, please notify me by reply email and permanently delete the original without making any copies or disclosing its contents.

• 12.  Re: New to SVCE and following the tutorial steps for recording. Timeout error encountered when sending request to OpenWeatherMap.

Posted Jan 18, 2018 02:34 PM

Surya, please keep me in the loop, since I was the one who wrote the tutorial. -- Thanks, Jeff

• 13.  Re: New to SVCE and following the tutorial steps for recording. Timeout error encountered when sending request to OpenWeatherMap.
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 18, 2018 03:25 PM

The issue here is that their machine is using a web proxy to connect to external hosts. Hence, had to configure the web proxy settings to enable them to access this url. I had a webex with the customer and they now have a way to capture the transactions and create virtual services.