Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

Re: After update from 14.2 to 14.4 XOG client not working

• 1.  Re: After update from 14.2 to 14.4 XOG client not working

Posted Jan 14, 2018 10:18 AM

According to CA PPM 14.4 Release Notes' s Compatiblities (CA PPM 14.4 Release Notes (On-Premise) - CA PPM - 14.4 - CA Technologies Documentation ) , the supported databases are:

• Oracle 11.2 Standard and Enterprise Edition: version 11.2.0.4.x or higher patch level (4a,4b)
    • Oracle 12.1 Standard and Enterprise Edition: version 12.1.0.2.x or higher patch level (4a,4b)
    • Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Enterprise Edition: Service Pack 2 or higher Service Pack (4c,4d)
    • Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Enterprise Edition: Service Pack 1 or higher Service Pack (4c,4d)

If you have SQL Server 2012 SP4 as the error log mentions, it should be ok at first look.

But CA PPM installer is very strict about database versions. Within the CA PPM folders and files, there is file (don't remember the name) with the list of supported databases. It might be tiny differences between your SQL and the supported SQL's, so I recommend you to open a CA Support ticket in support.ca.com to help you figure it out.

(Once, we had the same problem with a SQL 2014 Service Pack 2. According to Release Notes, Service Pack 1 or higher were supported, but it turned out that Service Pack 2 was not added, at that time, in the file that contains the list of supported versions).

Hope this helps.

• 2.  Re: After update from 14.2 to 14.4 XOG client not working

Posted Jan 14, 2018 04:02 PM

Within the CA PPM folders and files, there is file (don't remember the name) with the list of supported databases.

The file with the list of supported database versions is: check-db-version.xml

There is an article with the same problem: Upgrade to PPM 14.4 fails on MSSQL 2012 SP3 and higher as an unsupported version 

It refers to SQL 2012 SP3, but the your version (SP4) should have a similar solution. You should ask CA Support for the exact text to be added in the xml file.

Regards

Juan

• 3.  Re: After update from 14.2 to 14.4 XOG client not working

Posted Jan 15, 2018 02:19 AM

Thank you again Juanv,

My application is upgraded and working. I have now to test my customizations and integrations. As my initial review everything looks good. I am sure i may  have to tweak in some customization. But overall as a dry run, i assume we have got what all we were looking for. 

Regards,

Aleem

• 4.  Re: After update from 14.2 to 14.4 XOG client not working

Posted Jan 17, 2018 02:50 AM

When i click try to run the xog client page on Ca clarity application, i receive the following error;

Error 503 - Service Unavailable. The requested service is temporarily unavailable but should be restored in the future. Try again later. If you are still experiencing problems, contact your system administrator.

Any idea how i can rectify this. Thanks in advance

regards,

Aleem

• 5.  Re: After update from 14.2 to 14.4 XOG client not working

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 17, 2018 03:08 AM

XOG.CLIENT Page was never a supported feature and it was taken off and you need to use the XOG Client and not the page

• 6.  Re: After update from 14.2 to 14.4 XOG client not working

Posted Jan 17, 2018 03:30 AM

Thanks Suman, but on 14.2 i was able to use this feature. And i tried to do the same on 14.4 as well, but failed.

• 7.  Re: After update from 14.2 to 14.4 XOG client not working

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 17, 2018 03:59 AM

This was stopped on 13.3 but you made modification to the files to get this working and thats gets reset post upgrade. I will also advise not to use as there is a probably to get out of memory 

xog.client and V13.3 

• 8.  Re: After update from 14.2 to 14.4 XOG client not working

Posted Jan 17, 2018 05:59 AM

There are other XOG client portlets which have been posted in the discussions/questions.
    They are not supported either, but they do work eg for occasional single item reads.

There are also other XOC client applications  like ITRoi XOG bridge.

That works well and I do not think it can be argued that it is not supported.

The problem is that when the users say the XOG client is not user friendly and there is the need for a better tool nobody listens as there is no business justification.

• 9.  Re: After update from 14.2 to 14.4 XOG client not working

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 18, 2018 02:55 AM

The direction is REST API and have updated technology. Stay tuned  Matti  

• 10.  Re: After update from 14.2 to 14.4 XOG client not working

Posted Jan 18, 2018 02:47 AM

Even after making the modification in the xog.xml file, on 14.4 i found that, if the xog has comments mentioned on it, the xog files goes on to generate "Reference is not allowed in prolog" error, as it changes all the special fields like '<' ,'>' etc to its equivalents like '&lt;',  '&rt;' etc. But the same file with comments works fine on 14.2.

• 11.  Re: After update from 14.2 to 14.4 XOG client not working

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 18, 2018 02:53 AM

To prevent vulnerabilities these things have been stopped at app layer. 

• 12.  Re: After update from 14.2 to 14.4 XOG client not working

Posted Jan 18, 2018 03:44 AM

It certainly is an approach to steadfastly try to make something work which everybody says does not while there are options that work - though unsupported.

• 13.  Re: After update from 14.2 to 14.4 XOG client not working

Posted Jan 28, 2018 02:28 AM

I have noticed that my process engine is not working after the upgrade. Also when i open the NSA webpage using the server name, when i login, after inserting the password, nothing happens. While at the same time, if i use IP or localhost, everything works. DNS is working fine, not sure where the issue might be. 

• 14.  Re: After update from 14.2 to 14.4 XOG client not working

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 29, 2018 02:33 AM