Service Virtualization

• 1.  How do I create Tests to verify the status of my already virtualized services?

Posted Jan 17, 2018 09:08 AM

Hi all,

I have a small Project with some virtualized services, which at the moment of recording and save I didn't create the test for the same (I think there is a checkbox at the end of the VS creation to create it. If I have the services already up and running, how do I create the Tests cases to check their responses?

To be more specific, what I need is like, create a test, see which operations can be done by the virtual service, select some of them, edit the request as I want and see the response.

Thanks in advance,

Fabio.

• 2.  Re: How do I create Tests to verify the status of my already virtualized services?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 17, 2018 11:55 AM

Even if you do not select create baseline tests during recording of service, after recording you can click on manage -> virtual services and select the option to Create baseline Test as shown below.

• 3.  Re: How do I create Tests to verify the status of my already virtualized services?

Posted Jan 17, 2018 12:10 PM

Hi! thank you for replying.

I tried to do that, but for some VS I see the following:

And for some I have the option disabled:

you know why is that?

thanks!!

• 4.  Re: How do I create Tests to verify the status of my already virtualized services?

Posted May 30, 2018 08:33 AM

were you able to find out the reason of this issue? I have the same issue, for few I can see the baseline test and for few it is not.

• 5.  Re: How do I create Tests to verify the status of my already virtualized services?
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 18, 2018 05:10 AM

In the event that you cannot do as my colleague suggests, then you can get more sneaky - although it is more work.

If you take a copy of your vsi then all the recorded requests are present there - open it in Workstation and you can see all the data you need in the recorded_raw_request in the request Attributes tab and the associated information under the Meta Data tab.

Since you have the request, and data describing how it was sent, you can build a test if you so wish. The response body and the associated meta data are also available to you here 

Always work with a copy of your vsi - you don't want to break what you have.

Should you no longer have the vsi for the service then all is not lost - download the mar from the portal and unzip it - each mar file is a miniature DevTest project that can be opened in Workstation

• 6.  Re: How do I create Tests to verify the status of my already virtualized services?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 30, 2018 03:41 PM

Another alternative might be to go back to your VSM. Don't click on any step - instead, expand "Companions" on the right, press the + and you will find "Virtual Service Environment; VS traffic to CA Application Insight Companion". If you enable this and redeploy your virtual service, every call through your virtual service will be logged in a way that you can investigate later, from the Portal using "Analyse Transactions". You can check your transactions there, and you might even be able to create baseline tests using the captured data.