Clarity

• 1.  Jasper Studio New Data Adapter throws ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied error

Posted Jan 17, 2018 11:28 PM

Hi Team,

We are using Clarity Version 15.2. I have Jaspersoft Studio installed on my local machine. We have got one new database user ID created for technical team in Clarity Production Database, which is different from the user ID used in database connection in CSA. I'm trying to use this new user ID to create a New Data Adapter in Jaspersoft Studio. My purpose is to publish the reports from Studio to Production jaspersoft Reports server.

For New Data Adapter set up, I'm using JDBC Driver: 'tibcosoftware.jdbc.oracle.OracleDriver'. After entering the hostname, port number, SID, username and password, I get this error message:

Caused by: java.sql.SQLInvalidAuthorizationSpecException: [TibcoSoftwareInc][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

Whereas, the same user ID and Password works fine with Oracle SQL Developer. So, the problem is not with the username and password.

In some online help, I came to know that one of the possibilities is because of the old JDBC driver and needs a proper driver to use with Studio. If this is the case, can you please suggest me which files to change and where?

Else if this is not the issue, can you help me create the Data Adapter successfully to publish the reports?

Thank You.

Kind Regards,

Sajeela.

• 2.  Re: Jasper Studio New Data Adapter throws ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied error
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 18, 2018 12:08 AM

Hi Sajeela,

Please go through below documentation:

Jaspersoft Studio Professional CA JDBC Adapter - CA PPM SaaS - 15.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Also, the user needs to be created from in Advanced Reporting. Please create the user  from advanced reporting and verify the connection

Drivers should be available within the download package needs to be loaded under drivers tab:

Hope it helps.

Regards,
    Srikanth G

• 3.  Re: Jasper Studio New Data Adapter throws ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied error

Posted Jan 18, 2018 01:00 AM

Thank You Srikanth for the prompt reply. I will try this and let you know.

Kind Rergards,

Sajeela.

• 4.  Re: Jasper Studio New Data Adapter throws ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied error

Posted Jan 18, 2018 12:14 AM

Hi Sajeela

The document for 15.2 is on the below link:

Jaspersoft Studio Professional CA JDBC Adapter - CA PPM - 15.2 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Also, you can check the below documentation for creating user in advanced reporting:

Create and Publish Jaspersoft Studio Reports - CA PPM - 15.2 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Thanks

Shailey

• 5.  Re: Jasper Studio New Data Adapter throws ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied error

Posted Jan 18, 2018 01:00 AM

Thank you Shailey.

Kind Regards,

Sajeela.

• 6.  Re: Jasper Studio New Data Adapter throws ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 18, 2018 01:19 AM

Hi Sajeela,

I guess you are on premise customer, you don't even need the adapter as you have direct database access to write queries. The adapter is substitute for SAAS customers who don't have direct database access. Also to login to Jaspersoft studio you need to create a Jaspersoft user and you should be able to login. There is no need to create additional database user.

The guide provided by Srikanth and Shailey should help you to overcome the same.

Regards
    Suman Pramanik 

• 7.  Re: Jasper Studio New Data Adapter throws ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied error

Posted Jan 18, 2018 02:29 AM

Thank you so much for the help Suman. Yes, we're on premise. I've created the user in Advanced reporting. To check the server connection to publish the report, in our organization the server URL is not opened for all directly, we need to raise a special request. So, I cannot try that immediately now. But thanks for the information.

Also, if we want to check the query data from Jaspersoft Studio, we need to create the adapter. Can you please let me know if I still don't need the JDBC drivers placed for this purpose? Because to avoid that error when making jdbc connection, I guess I need to have these drivers in place. Please let me know your thoughts. On a side note, we can get the query result by directly accessing the database, but just want to know how to avoid that error through Studio.

Kind Regards,

Sajeela.

• 8.  Re: Jasper Studio New Data Adapter throws ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 18, 2018 03:01 AM

If you want to query from Studio you need but if you have direct database access" Why would you need to query from Studio" but yes if you want to then you need to configure the data adapter provided 

• 9.  Re: Jasper Studio New Data Adapter throws ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied error

Posted Jan 18, 2018 08:41 PM

Thank you Suman.

Reason I asked for that question is, for my knowledge.

Kind Regards,

Sajeela.