CA Service Management

• 1.  custom notification limit 1000 characters - empty mail when reaching the limit

Posted Jan 18, 2018 09:16 AM

Dear Guys,

we are currently testing CA SDM as a new product for our support. During customization we encountered an issue with custom notification beeing limitid in length.
    As docops states, custom notifications are limited to 1000 characters, but we are experiencing issues with notifications well below 1000 characters (approx: 600) and are now looking for a solution to this issue.
    Is there any configuraion option to increase this limit or, if not, at least reach the given limit of 1000 characters?

The sent mail is empty, when we are over this limit.

Kind regards,
    Tobias

• 2.  Re: custom notification limit 1000 characters - empty mail when reaching the limit

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 18, 2018 09:24 AM

Tobias, can you provide the docops link saying the limitation of 1000 characters? Thanks _Chi

• 3.  Re: custom notification limit 1000 characters - empty mail when reaching the limit

Posted Jan 18, 2018 09:51 AM

Hi,

you can find it in this article:

Personalized Response - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Perhaps 1000 characters would be fine for us, but in our environment we are getting an empty mail when approx 600 characters are reached.

Kind regards,

Tobias

• 4.  Re: custom notification limit 1000 characters - empty mail when reaching the limit

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 18, 2018 10:18 AM

Tobias, I did a quick test using SDM 14.1 cum4 and I added around 700 characters and all can be seen in the notification. I am not sure what version you use. Maybe you can consider open a Support case. Thanks _Chi

• 5.  Re: custom notification limit 1000 characters - empty mail when reaching the limit

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 18, 2018 04:08 PM

Hello Tobias,

I'd like to know if even a brief Personalized Response has any issues.  You mentioned a limit of 600 characters.  Is it safe to say that you can get Personalized Responses to operate successfully if you send one that is below the 600 character threshold?