DX NetOps

• 1.  NCM not using second set of credentials

Posted Jan 18, 2018 11:50 AM

I configured a second set of credentials (username, password, enable) from one of my Device families. Whe I try the capture NCM simply fails after trying the first credential and never tries the second one.

Do I need any special configuration to make Spectrum try the second username?

I'm using CA Spectrum 10.2.1

• 2.  Re: NCM not using second set of credentials

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 19, 2018 12:14 AM

Hi RenatoBR,

Can you please open a support ticket so that we can check why its not working with second set of credentials@?

Thanks,
    Sarbdeep Singh

Spectrum Product Management.

• 3.  Re: NCM not using second set of credentials

Posted Jan 19, 2018 11:12 AM

Ok. I opened the case number 00940644.

• 4.  Re: NCM not using second set of credentials

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 21, 2018 10:46 PM

Thanks,

We will review this and get back to you asap.

Thanks,
    Sarb

• 5.  Re: NCM not using second set of credentials

Posted Feb 08, 2018 01:47 PM

We had similar issue for NX OS device family in Spectrum 10.2.1, support provided PTF patch 10.2.170 to fix it.

Regards,

Robin

• 6.  Re: NCM not using second set of credentials

Posted Jan 22, 2018 06:15 AM

Update:

According to support the feature does not work and will be fixed with next release, 10.2.3. 

I guess the workaround will be to create new device families and add the devices with different credentials to it.

• 7.  Re: NCM not using second set of credentials

Posted Feb 04, 2019 02:31 AM

Hi RenatoBR,

I am using SNMP V3 on the device and device is authenticated with TACACS. I am capturing host configuration using SSH/SCP.  If I use script, I am facing a issue that when no enable password is given to a device family on capturing it shows error to type enable password, while giving enable password may it be wrong NCM captures the configuration successfully. 

(If I don't use script, no need to give right enable password or wrong enable password. I am able to capture configuration without enable password). What is the issue.

Please provide document on how CA Spectrum NCM module authenticates a network device using TACACS.