CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Include searching Incidents in employee UI

• 1.  Include searching Incidents in employee UI

Posted Jan 18, 2018 12:08 PM

Hello,

I need to include searching of incidents by a keyword in employee user interface, analyst user can search incidents.

Here joined screenshots of employee and analyst UI.

Any help.

• 2.  Re: Include searching Incidents in employee UI

Posted Jan 18, 2018 12:35 PM

I know that there is an option in Option Manager that allows for the employee to see incidents.

Ahmed

• 3.  Re: Include searching Incidents in employee UI

Posted Jan 18, 2018 01:35 PM

Hi Ahmad,

Employee can views incidents, but searching incidents with a keyword is in possible in employee UI.

Is there a way to copy searching incidents in analyst interface to employee UI.

Regards.

• 4.  Re: Include searching Incidents in employee UI

Posted Jan 18, 2018 01:53 PM

Hi Hassan and Ahmad,

This would require the user to be licensed, which is the reason why you cannot see incidents other than your own when logged in as an employee. This is for security reasons.  You would need to create a licensed access type for your employee users and ensure you have enough licenses for those users to remain in compliance etc.

Thanks

Jon

• 5.  Re: Include searching Incidents in employee UI

Posted Jan 18, 2018 02:07 PM

We did that at one point but it became a pricey little endeavor.

• 6.  Re: Include searching Incidents in employee UI

Posted Jan 18, 2018 02:12 PM

Yeah not the best solution, but its the only one.  The other option could be to build some type of a web services app outside of SDM that employees can log into and run searches for incidents...  again security is a concern because they would be able to see everything and not just their own.

• 7.  Re: Include searching Incidents in employee UI

Posted Jan 22, 2018 10:01 AM

Hello Jon,

We need to dispaly only incidents created by the logged in user, not all incidents created by all users.

This will help the user track his past incidents.

Regards

• 8.  Re: Include searching Incidents in employee UI

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 19, 2018 12:19 PM

Do you want employees to search Incidents by keyword for problem resolution?  If so, create knowledge documents from the Incidents which employees can search.

Regards,

Richard

• 9.  Re: Include searching Incidents in employee UI

Posted Jan 22, 2018 09:59 AM

Hello Richard,

It's my need, can I customise the employee interface and include searching tools?

KB would a solution to my query, but we need to show only incidents created by the user for reference, not all incidents.

• 10.  Re: Include searching Incidents in employee UI

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 19, 2018 04:08 PM

Hassan/Ahmad, out of box, without any customization/configuration, you can search for incidents , your own incidents only. And, you can also search for knowledge documents using keyword. But, I think you may mean something else. You did mentioned search incidents by keyword(knowledge document keyword?)...but I can't recall we can do that with analyst interface. Can you give some more details so I can see if I can add 2 cents for you. Thanks _Chi

• 11.  Re: Include searching Incidents in employee UI

Posted Jan 22, 2018 10:03 AM

Hello Chi,

I need to let user display his own incidents, in the employee interface, I don't have searching tool to filter employee past incidents.

You can see joined pic.

Thanks.

However using analyst interface, we have searching tool :

• 12.  Re: Include searching Incidents in employee UI

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 22, 2018 11:12 AM

Hello Hashan,

Please confirm that you are asking to include a search function to filter down the existing content that end users can see in their incident list display.  As Chi mentioned, incident listings are available as referenced to the given end user; I would like to confirm you want to add in a search filter function, similar to what analysts can do.

Also, I mentioned in one of your prior communities posts (for Issues display) that you have a Communities post asking similar questions for Employee access to view incidents.

Incidents access to employees:
    https://communities.ca.com/thread/241790824-include-searching-incidents-in-employee-ui

Issues access to employees:
    https://communities.ca.com/thread/241790500-include-issue-search-in-employee-home-ui

I was wondering if you could clarify if these two are related somehow, are meant for the same SDM Implementation, and if so, what is the ultimate objective here? Can you confirm what kind of changes are meant to be placed upon the Employee interface and if that change is the search filter function?

• 13.  Re: Include searching Incidents in employee UI
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 22, 2018 12:25 PM

Hassan, while we all understand this is some unsupported feature, I try to throw something here to get you start:

--copy the list_in.htmpl from the bopcfg default analyst folder to site\mods...\employee folder

--open and edit list_in.htmpl file in site\mods...\employee this way:

delete

<pdm_jscript file=list_edit.js>
    startListEdit(__search_filter);
    listEditStartRow();
    listEditReadonly("ref_num","Incident #");
    listEditField("status");
    listEditField("priority");    
    listEditField("problem.ref_num");
    listEditEndRow();
    listEditField("parent.ref_num");
    listEditField("caused_by_chg.chg_ref_num");
    listEditField("assignee");
    listEditReadonly("summary",4);
    endListEdit();

and save it

--from "pdm_webcache -H" on sdm server and clear/delete the end user browser cache and test

this will give a start to allow the employee to search for their own incidents. There will still be something here and there

but I believe you have some start point to work on.

That is my 2cents.

Thanks

Chi

• 14.  Re: Include searching Incidents in employee UI

Posted Jan 22, 2018 11:53 AM

Hello David,

I do confirm that I need search function to filter down the existing content that end users can see in their incident list display