Rally Software

Expand all | Collapse all

Is this a way to limit the number of spaces after the decimal? The description states six digits before decimal and three after. when I use this field I only display one position after, but someone else does that same they display all three. 

• 1.  Is this a way to limit the number of spaces after the decimal? The description states six digits before decimal and three after. when I use this field I only display one position after, but someone else does that same they display all three. 

Posted Jan 19, 2018 11:21 AM
      |   view attached

We are on-premise (16.1) and I created a custom field (decimal) in our development server and it only displayed one position after decimal. When I created this field in production for this user they see all three positions after decimal.  

Attachment(s)

• 2.  Re: Is this a way to limit the number of spaces after the decimal? The description states six digits before decimal and three after. when I use this field I only display one position after, but someone else does that same they display all three. 

Posted Jan 30, 2018 09:25 AM

Darrylr4,

This is interesting.  Is the other user clicking on the arrows to input the data or are they typing it in?  Has there been any change since you posted this question?  It may also be interesting to note the browsers in use, are they different?

I haven't had a chance to test this yet, but will see if I can recreate it.

Michael

• 3.  Re: Is this a way to limit the number of spaces after the decimal? The description states six digits before decimal and three after. when I use this field I only display one position after, but someone else does that same they display all three. 
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 30, 2018 09:34 AM

I believe that I have uncovered the differences. The system default only displays one position after the decimal. If you go to get app, which is what this user did, it looks like you can get either two or three positions after the decimal.

We used the same browser.

Thanks

Darryl

• 4.  Re: Is this a way to limit the number of spaces after the decimal? The description states six digits before decimal and three after. when I use this field I only display one position after, but someone else does that same they display all three. 

Posted Jan 30, 2018 09:50 AM

Darryl,

OK, so this is displaying differently for you and the user on an App from the App Catalog, not on a default page in Agile Central?

Michael

• 5.  Re: Is this a way to limit the number of spaces after the decimal? The description states six digits before decimal and three after. when I use this field I only display one position after, but someone else does that same they display all three. 

Posted Jan 30, 2018 10:35 AM

That is correct.

Thanks,

Darryl Rouse

Sr. Admin, PMO Portfolio Tools Team

CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield

10451 Mill Run Circle - Mailstop 03-600

Owings Mills, MD 21117

Office: 410-998-5715

Darryl.Rouse@CareFirst.com<mailto:Darryl.Rouse@CareFirst.com>