Rally Software

• 1.  Agile Central API automation

Posted Jan 19, 2018 04:30 AM

I want to tag my automation (using selenium) stuff with the test cases in Agile Central. So that as soon as my automation test scenario completed - i can update the test cases in agile central with PASS/FAIL and attachment. 

Can you share the APIs which can be used to do this.

And please let me know how to proceed with this.

• 2.  Re: Agile Central API automation
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 19, 2018 05:46 AM

Venkatesh,

You can certainly do this via the WSAPI.  I don't have a solution for you, but I can provide plenty of references to help get you started.

I don't fully understand your workflow, but it sounds like you want to:

Query for Test Cases with your tag:

rally-java-rest-apps/getTestCasesByTagAndBulkDelete at master · nmusaelian-rally/rally-java-rest-apps · GitHub 

(you obviously don't have to bulk delete anything, but the getting by tag part is useful)

Then update the Test Case Result:

rally-java-rest-apps/addTCRtoTC.java at master · nmusaelian-rally/rally-java-rest-apps · GitHub 

Add an attachment:

c# - How to Add an Attachment to a User Story using Rally REST .NET - Stack Overflow 

rally-java-rest-apps/CreateDefectAddAttachment.java at master · nmusaelian-rally/rally-java-rest-apps · GitHub 

I realize these may all be different languages, but the principles/api endpoints will be similar.  You may just need to update the Artifacts you are using.

Here is list of further links that can help.

rally-java-rest-apps/updateTagsOnTestCase at master · nmusaelian-rally/rally-java-rest-apps · GitHub

For Developers | CA Agile Central Help 

https://rally1.rallydev.com/slm/doc/webservice/

Newest 'rally' Questions - Stack Overflow

Michael