DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  How to Clean up UMP Inventory List

Posted Jan 19, 2018 12:29 PM

Hello, so running UIM 8.5.1 and w/in the UMP > USM in the Inventory section, it has every instance of any hub that has ever existed. There are presently lots of old ones that are gone and need to be removed. 

How does one clean up this section?

Thanks.

• 2.  Re: How to Clean up UMP Inventory List

Posted Jan 19, 2018 12:51 PM

I checked and looked in the discovery_server call back list in the probe utility but didn't see any that dealt with the discovery_agent list. That's why asking community. Pretty sure others have the same question.

• 3.  Re: How to Clean up UMP Inventory List

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 21, 2018 06:17 PM

I have 2 questions.

Are you using maintenace schedule ?

Are you using snmpcollector probe ?

If not, then here is easier way to clean up.

1. Remove all devices (callback in discovery_server - remove_all_master_devices)

2. Let UIM running for a while, then UIM will re-collect current inventory.

• 4.  Re: How to Clean up UMP Inventory List

Posted Jan 21, 2018 06:38 PM

I think that method exclude all QOS data, It is more laborous but the remove_master_device_by_csid is more secure because It only will remove selcted device.

To get the csid run a SELECT query in cm_computer_system and identify the unwanted devices.

• 5.  Re: How to Clean up UMP Inventory List

Posted Jan 21, 2018 11:08 PM

To clarify: the "Inventory" section I'm asking about that contains all "discovery_agents" not machines... I'm talking about the list under Inventory on the left side where it lists every discovery_agent that has ever registered with the discover_server probe. Gotta clean up that list. Is there a method to do that? 

I saw a CM_DISCOVERY_AGENT table in the DB but I don't know if deleting entries in there has any other ties into other tables elsewhere. Asking if there is an probe call back to do this or an official method.

Thanks,

Here, the entries w/o an > next to them I need to clean all up. Obviously removed all hub names from screen cap:

• 6.  Re: How to Clean up UMP Inventory List
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 22, 2018 12:10 AM

Hi.

There is Stored Procedure called "P_CM_REMOVE_DISCOVERY_AGENT" in UIM database.

The stored procedure require one argument "da_id" which corresponds to [da_id].CM_DISCOVERY_AGENT table.

• 7.  Re: How to Clean up UMP Inventory List

Posted Jan 22, 2018 08:34 AM

How to delete discovery_agents and eliminate them from being displayed in USM
    Document ID:  TEC000004304
    https://support.ca.com/us/knowledge-base-articles.TEC000004304.html

• 8.  Re: How to Clean up UMP Inventory List

Posted Jan 22, 2018 10:21 AM

Thanks folks. That was it.