Service Virtualization

• 1.  Not able to see any match in "show matching" section on dev test portal.

Posted Jan 23, 2018 01:11 AM

Not able to see any match in "show matching" section on dev test portal.

I am able to see incoming transaction in "show request even details". Please see attached SS below..

Also I attached SS for "show matching" below.

Please let me know how to resolve this issue.

• 2.  Re: Not able to see any match in "show matching" section on dev test portal.
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 24, 2018 01:45 AM

Hi,

Here is an example by using the webServiceModel.vsm/vsi files in the Example project under LISA_HOME.
    After deplyoing these files to Virtual Service Environment and accessing from the test case.
    The Request Event Details in the Inspection View was like below:

In this screenshot, there are "Virtual HTTPS Listner 8001", "VS Image Response Selection", "Virtual HTTPS Responder" and "(unknown)" steps under the "Execution Step Name".
    In the same Inspection View, the Matching in the Inspection View was below:

By checking your screenshots, there are only "Virtual HTTPS Listner 8238" and "(unknown) steps under the "Execution Step Name" at the Request Event Details in the Inspection View.
    Then your transaction from your HTTP/S client did not go to "VS Image Response Selection" and "Virtual HTTPS Responder" steps which should be existed in your vsm file.
    I think this behavior(transaction did not go to "VS Image Response Selection" and "Virtual HTTPS Responder" steps) caused to show the empty Matching in the Inspection View.

Please check the differences between webServiceModel.vsm file in the Example Project and your vsm file.

Cheers,

• 3.  Re: Not able to see any match in "show matching" section on dev test portal.

Posted Jan 24, 2018 07:12 AM
      |   view attached

This time I used the same VSM which is present in webserviceExample; just by changing port number & VS image response selection vsi in it. still I am getting the same result.

Also I wanted to add missing transaction by starting the recorders. But I am not getting tramsactions on recorders. My virtual webservice stubs are down at this time.

Details are attached in document.

Attachment(s)

docx
    Issue in recording.docx   231 KB 1 version

• 4.  Re: Not able to see any match in "show matching" section on dev test portal.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 24, 2018 09:32 PM

Hi,

Could you please do the following steps in your environment?
    1. Start ED, Registry, Broker, Portal, VSE and DevTest Workstation
    2. In the DevTest Workstation, open the Examples project(located %LISA_HOME%\examples
    3. Open the project.config file and change the value of VSE_WSPORT from 8888 and 8001 and save the project.config file
    4. Deploy the  WebServicesModel.vsm file to VSE
    5. Open the test case named wevservices-vs.tst and run the test case by using the ITR
    6. Login to your Portal and check the Virtual service's information which named WebServicesModel with Inspection View
    During these steps, please do not edit/save vsm, vsi and tst files.

If the results in step 6 is the same before you got, then your environment has some kinds of problems.
    However, if you get the some information in Matching in the Inspection View, then your modification causes this problem.

Cheers,