DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Creating two identical UMP instances

Posted Jan 23, 2018 04:15 AM

I've an existing UIM setup where my UMP is configured, it has some customised reports and USM is also having lot of groups.

I need to setup a replica of this environment. How do I setup UMP in this replica environment wherein all things are retained, like the USM groups and custom performance reports etc.

• 2.  Re: Creating two identical UMP instances

Posted Jan 23, 2018 04:49 AM

Below instructions should help you setup and  configure two identical UMP servers, please take a look 

Configure Multiple UMP Servers - CA Unified Infrastructure Management - 8.5.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 3.  Re: Creating two identical UMP instances

Posted Jan 23, 2018 05:49 AM

Thanks for the suggestion, however do you have any suggestion for scenario where the UMP uses two different instances of database, however the data in both the instances of DB is same.

• 4.  Re: Creating two identical UMP instances

Posted Jan 23, 2018 06:01 AM

Could you please clarify further on the below?

UMP uses two different instances of database, however the data in both the instances of DB is same.

• 5.  Re: Creating two identical UMP instances

Posted Jan 23, 2018 06:14 AM

Suppose there is UIM instance A that is connected with DB X and has UMP P configured and customised.

There is another UIM instance B that is connected with DB Y and will have a UMP R
    A and B forward same data(received from remote hubs) to there respective databases.

Requirement here is to setup UMP R i.e. groups in USM, reports from PRD and SLA reports same as configured in UMP P.
    So is there a easier way to achieve this in case of UMP rather than manually creating it again.

Hope this clarifies.

• 6.  Re: Creating two identical UMP instances
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 23, 2018 10:01 AM

You will need to build another primary hub and UMP robot inside the same domain.

Provision the hosts and run the installer, giving the same domain name and password for administrator.

I've done this before and it works fine.

Feed the same data in with duplicate attach queues on the subordinate hubs and gets on the new primary.

You could possibly look to copy the group data over from one database to another….might work, never tried this, although might be foreign keys, otherwise you will need to recreate the groups in the new system.

Cheers

Rowan