CA Service Management

• 1.  I need additional Data fields in Knowledge Template. How can I do this?

Posted Jan 23, 2018 03:57 AM

Need step by step introduction.

• 2.  Re: I need additional Data fields in Knowledge Template. How can I do this?
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 23, 2018 08:41 AM

Hi Heiko, 

This page in our documentation should help:  Define Document Templates - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: I need additional Data fields in Knowledge Template. How can I do this?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 26, 2018 08:45 AM

Heiko........

Did the documentation that Jon_Israel  provided assist you?

If so, please mark his answer as correct so that this thread can be closed.

• 4.  Re: I need additional Data fields in Knowledge Template. How can I do this?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 26, 2018 09:30 AM

Heiko, you would need to add additional tags for your additional data fields:

--copy the kt_document_template.htmpl file from
    sdm-install\bopcfg\www\htmpl\default
    to sdm-install\site\mods\www\htmpl\default and then modify this file in sdm-install\site\mods\www\htmpl\default to add additional tags for the data fields you would need to add to the knowledge template

--log into sdm web interface as administrator and then Administration->knowledge->documents->document templates

and right click on the template you would like to modify and choose edit and then add the tags you added to the kt_document_template.htmpl file

--run "pdm_webcache -H" on the sdm server and on browser side clear/delete the temp files

--test

Hope this helps. Thanks _Chi