Clarity

• 1.  Memory configuration of the database ca ppm 15.3

Posted Jan 23, 2018 05:17 PM

We are having space problems in our servers since the configuration recommended in the PPM documentation is very big for us.

The recommendation of CA is as follows
    memory_max_target = 16G
    memory_target = 12G

We would like to know if any of you can tell us if with the following configuration there would be a problem with the management of the database or if it would be feasible.

memory_max_target = 6G
    memory_target = 4G

Thank you very much in advance.
    Best regards.

• 2.  Re: Memory configuration of the database ca ppm 15.3

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 24, 2018 02:05 AM

Hi Ricardo

Its very tough to state whether the size you are willing to provide will suffice PPM or not, it all depends on the number of uses and the complexity and configuration of your system.

Regards

Suman Pramanik 

• 3.  Re: Memory configuration of the database ca ppm 15.3

Posted Jan 24, 2018 06:47 AM

Many thanks to Suman for his prompt response.

I get it.
    Would there be any possibility that you could help me if I give you information about the configuration of my database, application or others?

For example: one fact that I have is that, for a development environment database similar in size and configuration to the production database that I want to change, I have those parameters with the following values

memory_max_target = 2147483648
    memory_target = 2147483648

Although their values are quite less than the values that I want to establish in production, the development database works.

Best regards

• 4.  Re: Memory configuration of the database ca ppm 15.3
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 24, 2018 07:15 AM

I can but it might not be accurate, we do have a team who can work with you on Sizing and recommend. In the mean while you can look at the sizing guidelines documented and set it accordingly

https://docops.ca.com/ca-ppm/15-3/en/reference/oracle-and-ms-sql-database-performance-whitepapers  

• 5.  Re: Memory configuration of the database ca ppm 15.3

Posted Jan 24, 2018 09:25 AM

thank you very much Suman