Rally Software

• 1.  Test Management

Posted Jan 24, 2018 11:36 AM

I'm used to using full test management products prior to moving to Rally. I am trying to see how to find similar functionality to what I normally need day to day:

in a test run - get last run date (not last updated), last run by (user)

Overall execution reports Pass/Fail/Other status (blocked etc.)

Defects being added to an instance of a test (e.g. in a single test run) but not against the test next time it is used.

Assigning a defect to multiple cases (for fails, or blocking issues)

I'm keen to try and replicate the above in order to improve my day to day test management.

thanks

• 2.  Re: Test Management
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 25, 2018 07:54 AM

Hi Max,

A good place to look for most of these is on the Plan > Work Views page. From here you can select the project(s) you are working with and Test Case work item type. Then I would add the Last Run field so you can see when the case was last run and the Defect field which will display the number of defects associated to the test case. 

In order to view all of the runs and who ran them you would need to visit the detail page for the test case and then go to the Result option listed on the left. Currently, a defect can only be assigned to a singular test case, but you can create multiple test cases to test a defect. 

• 3.  Re: Test Management

Posted Jan 25, 2018 08:10 AM

I see Last Run is available, which is a start, but the other items I mentioned are fields that I would consider part of day to day test management. This should be as a column, instead of needing to go into specific results.

Not being able to have defect against multiple test cases is a definite shortcoming - if I have an issue which I know will fail a number of tests (e.g. a login mechanism fails) or a Blocking issue - where a number of tests cannot be run due to an environmental issue, or perhaps some functionality not being available at time of execution.

An individual test run should definitely be an instance - the test in that run shouldn't be tracking defects from previous runs.

These are features which are very much required from a professional QA perspective.

• 4.  Re: Test Management

Posted Jan 26, 2018 09:38 AM

Are there any plans to implement further test management functionality, with user input?