CA Service Management

• 1.  Bulk Incident Creation Process

Posted Jan 24, 2018 11:40 AM

Hello team,

I want to understand a feasibility for bulk ticket creation in ServiceDesk 14.1.

We have spreadsheet and each row having the mandatory field values populated (like category/priority/status/summary/description,customer etc). We need a process to convert each row to a ServiceDesk ticket in a bulk, better saying automatically. Is it possible? Does anyone did it before? Is it safe to go? Any suggestion will be very much welcome.

Thanks

ArunavaS

• 2.  Re: Bulk Incident Creation Process
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 24, 2018 02:51 PM

Hi Arunava,

We do not support using pdm_load to create tickets in bulk.  There are several ways of creating tickets from outside the GUI, which are the pdm_text command (text api interface), maileater, SOAP web services or REST web services.

For Text API you can take a look here: CA SDM Text API Interface - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

For Web Services: Web Services Management - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Maileater: How Does the Maileater Process Inbound Emails? - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Bulk Incident Creation Process

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 24, 2018 02:59 PM

Hello Arunava,

The simplest approach that I feel which will accomplish your goal is to use the pdm_text_cmd.

Please see the following tech doc links that describe the functionality of interest:

https://support.ca.com/us/knowledge-base-articles.TEC476956.html
    https://support.ca.com/us/knowledge-base-articles.TEC425521.html

The basic principle that I could imagine would work here, which may be translated into a custom script:

- Obtain a row of data from your spreadsheet
    - Format a flat file that contains the content from that row, and has been formatted for reading by pdm_text_cmd
    - Run pdm_text_cmd against the given flat file.
    - Delete the flat file

Repeat until all rows are expended.