Rally Software

• 1.  Who wants to see a calendar app in the App Catalog!?

Posted Jan 24, 2018 04:48 PM

kamwi02 JohnStreeter Chris_Hackett  MichikoQ

Who wants a scheduling app of calendar views in Agile Central?  Story: I put together the following calendar views using PowerPoint and thought, "Why isn't there a scheduling app that draws picture of time boxes on a calendar of portfolio work-items? All of my work is already in Agile Central."  Which is exactly what the attached picture shows: a calendar view of in-flight features and milestones. This picture gave our teams a great scheduling-visual and really got people excited because it put the work into a relatable calendar-perspective. Thoughts? Any existing app code? 

Scheduling App, Calendar View

• 2.  Re: Who wants to see a calendar app in the App Catalog!?

Posted Jan 25, 2018 12:33 PM

I like it and especially if you can change the view from Monthly, Weekly, Quarterly, etc.  I think this kind of view would be very well received since so many of use are already used to looking at a calendar view.

• 3.  Re: Who wants to see a calendar app in the App Catalog!?

Posted Jan 25, 2018 02:52 PM

same thing we were thinking  

• 4.  Re: Who wants to see a calendar app in the App Catalog!?

Posted Jan 25, 2018 05:20 PM

scheduling app, calendar view, blueprint #1 for app developers

• 5.  Re: Who wants to see a calendar app in the App Catalog!?

Posted Feb 06, 2018 09:22 AM

+1,000

Do you have anything out in Idea Manager already or are focussing on the discussion here? Incidentally, I had operational teams in the last subscription that I was responsible for as a customer who asked repeatedly for the same view of user stories by Target Date so that they could have an easy calendar visualization of work in the Fixed Date class of service like deployments, etc.

• 6.  Re: Who wants to see a calendar app in the App Catalog!?

Posted Feb 06, 2018 10:38 AM

I wanted to start here and see if there was any interest in this kind of calendar view. I'll put this into the idea manager and see what kind of response it generates. We're in agreement; this kind of view is essential. If you don't see the need for it...you're not working. ha!   

• 7.  Re: Who wants to see a calendar app in the App Catalog!?

Posted Feb 06, 2018 02:07 PM

@EricNash   here's the link in Idea Manager  https://ideas.rallydev.com/ideas/D4662