Clarity

• 1.  Which column has Task Actual cost info

Posted Jan 24, 2018 04:10 PM

Hi All,

In the Task we have Actual cost column , which shows the product of rate and hours posted.

I have seen PRTASK and PRSASSIGNMENT table and in PRASSIGNMENT the column ACTCOST_SUM stores the Hours posted, but not the amount.

Question 1:- So which table i need to go with ? Should I choose the Rate matrix

Questions 2:- So the Actual cost column in the task which we see in application, fetches the rate from Rate matrix or from WIP ?

Thanks.

• 2.  Re: Which column has Task Actual cost info

Posted Jan 25, 2018 12:48 AM

Hi, 

If  I have understood your question correctly, I think you can pick the actual_cost/total_cost from ppa_wip_values and group by task id.

Thanks

Regards

Gaurav 

• 3.  Re: Which column has Task Actual cost info

Posted Jan 25, 2018 09:18 AM

Hi Gaurav,

I was incomplete in the question. I'm not supposed to use WIP tables, I have found NBI_PROJ_RES_RATES_AND_COSTS table, but when I check for a project,task and resource filtered with 5 million ID the rate is different.

Any Data mart Job needs to run ? what other table do we have ?

• 4.  Re: Which column has Task Actual cost info

Posted Jan 29, 2018 07:59 AM

Hi,

You can execute the  " Rate Matrix Extraction" job to populate the NBI_PROJ_RES_RATES_AND_COSTS table. You can pick the rate from this table.

Thanks!

Regards

Gaurav 

• 5.  Re: Which column has Task Actual cost info
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 25, 2018 10:13 PM

Hi JayaSantoshKumar,

I think you may need Actual by Post TimeSheet and ACWP cost.

PRASSIGNMENT table has PRACTSUM column and  ACTCOST_SUM column.

If you have post 2 hours by TimeSheet, PRACTSUM column value will be 2*3600(seconds) = 7200, and ACTCOST_SUM value will be ACWP cost.

You can sum up these values with group by task id and you will get amount of Actual Cost for Task.

If you run [Update Earned Value and Cost Totals] job or [Task list]->Actions->Update Cost Totals, you will see ACWP in Task List.

Regards,

Shoichi