AutoSys Workload Automation

• 1.  iXp Alarm Manager

Posted Jan 25, 2018 05:08 AM

Hello,

I wonder if there is a way how to close an alarm(job failure) in Alarm Manager from the command line of scheduler. We're using iXp in version 11.3.5. I'll be thankful for any idea.

Luboslav

• 2.  Re: iXp Alarm Manager
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 26, 2018 05:01 PM

There is no command line interface available to manage alarms.

• 3.  Re: iXp Alarm Manager

Posted Jan 30, 2018 02:35 AM

that's a pitty. Thank you for the answer.

• 4.  Re: iXp Alarm Manager

Posted Jan 30, 2018 08:31 PM

If the database maintenance ($AUTOSYS/bin/DBMaint) is run regularly, alarms get archived. The archive_events -A -n 7 command in the DBMaint takes care of archiving events and alarms from the AE database.

Cheers,

Chandru

• 5.  Re: iXp Alarm Manager

Posted Jan 31, 2018 02:21 AM

Hello Chandru,

thank you for answer but this is something different, i'll be more specific. Every job which has set parameter alarm_if_fail: 1 is issuing an alarm into alarm manager, where human has to close it manually. The scheduler runs in one server XY and iXp tiebreaker runs on server XZ. My aim is to issue a command on the server XY which would close/erase a failure notification in alarm manager in iXp running on server XZ.  Something like send/unsent event in case of force start.

The reason is that I'm trying to automate some failure notifications and would like to automatically close alarms of jobs which were taken care of. The rest failures needs to be checked by humans manually and therefore should be present in alarm manager.