DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  CISCO/VMWARE/NETAPP flexpod monitoring and best practices.

Posted Jan 25, 2018 11:19 AM

Is there documentation on monitoring the CISCO/VMWARE/NETAPP flexpod?  Can CA provide guidance on doing so seeing CA and netapp are partners?  I found that it is supported out of the box but nothing to say how to do it and best practices.

• 2.  Re: CISCO/VMWARE/NETAPP flexpod monitoring and best practices.

Broadcom Employee

• 3.  Re: CISCO/VMWARE/NETAPP flexpod monitoring and best practices.

Posted Jan 31, 2018 03:55 PM

I found an older copy of this file data back in 2012 that says these are the probes required for best practices implementation some of which no longer exist in UIM 8.51  Is the link you provided to a newer document or is it pointing to this older one as well?  We are looking for up to date information on flex pod monitoring based on using UIM 8.51 and going forward.  Either way the previous request for access to your link or delivery of content by other means still stands.  Thank you

Nimsoft Monitor for FlexPod includes the following probes:
    CDM (CPU, Disk, Memory) Probe (cdm) - exists
    Cisco Monitor Probe (cisco_monitor) - does not exist
    Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) Probe (cisco_ucs) - exists
    NetApp Storage (netapp) -exists
    Interface Traffic Probe (interface_traffic) - does not exist
    Processes Probe (processes) - exists
    Cisco NX-OS Probe (cisco_nxos) and other SNMP Probes (snmptoolkit, snmpget) - cisco_nxos and snmptoolkit doesnt exist
    SQL Server Probe (sql_server) - now sqlserver
    VMware Probe (vmware)

• 4.  Re: CISCO/VMWARE/NETAPP flexpod monitoring and best practices.

Posted Jan 31, 2018 04:02 PM

the link to the netapp doc is for a document from 2012 so most likely it is the same as you found. Since then there have been many changes. A major change was made with the release of the netapp_ontap probe which uses the ontap api instead of snmp like the netapp probe did. This was motivated by changes made on the netapp side.

• 5.  Re: CISCO/VMWARE/NETAPP flexpod monitoring and best practices.

Posted Jan 31, 2018 04:05 PM

Can you please provide clarity on the differences that we will have to navigate between the 2012 document and current real life?

• 6.  Re: CISCO/VMWARE/NETAPP flexpod monitoring and best practices.

Posted Jan 31, 2018 08:58 AM

I am able to access the VMware link but the flex pod link takes me to a salesforce login which my credentials fail to work.  can you attach the document?