DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Is there a way to disable just SystemOverview metrics and keep ProcessOverview metrics for an agent using CA APM for zOS (v9.7.1)?

Posted Jan 25, 2018 01:12 PM

We have hundreds of agents (mostly WebSphere) on each LPAR in our plex and we would like the ProcessOverview metrics for the agents but don't want the overhead of getting the SystemOverview metrics for all of the agents on the ts on the same LPAR.  It seems that the only way to enable/disable the extension is by setting the ppzos.componentagent.overview.disable in the agent config file, but that disables both overviews.   It seems quite wasteful to have SystemOverview metrics for every agent reporting the exact same thing.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

• 2.  Re: Is there a way to disable just SystemOverview metrics and keep ProcessOverview metrics for an agent using CA APM for zOS (v9.7.1)?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 25, 2018 01:16 PM

Views are on the EM side, not the agent. I'd look at your Management Modules, your typeviews in <em_home>/ext (look at the XML files in folder and subfolders). If the view is in an internal typeview, please open a ticket with support.

• 3.  Re: Is there a way to disable just SystemOverview metrics and keep ProcessOverview metrics for an agent using CA APM for zOS (v9.7.1)?

Posted Jan 25, 2018 01:30 PM

Hi Haruhiko,

Thanks much for the quick reply, but I was looking to disable the collection of the SystemOverview metrics in the agent.  We would like to get just the process overview metrics for each agent but we have it disabled because we do not want hundreds of our agents reporting the same SystemOverview metrics.    

• 4.  Re: Is there a way to disable just SystemOverview metrics and keep ProcessOverview metrics for an agent using CA APM for zOS (v9.7.1)?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 25, 2018 01:44 PM

You're right. I misread your opening.

It sounds like if you're not able to disable them via the PBD, you will need product support to see about possibly getting a custom version of the agent extension then.

In either case, it's best to open a support ticket since it's likely going to need some engineering assistance.

• 5.  Re: Is there a way to disable just SystemOverview metrics and keep ProcessOverview metrics for an agent using CA APM for zOS (v9.7.1)?

Posted Jan 25, 2018 02:37 PM

Thanks much for your quick response.  I will open a ticket with support.