Rally Software

• 1.  Need cumulative flow by custom field

Posted Jan 25, 2018 12:28 PM

I'd like to have an app or report that shows cumulative flow based on a custom field we have on User Story. I haven't been able to find a great match, so asking for suggestions.

Iteration Cumulative Flow Diagram report or app is great; it is based on the built-in Schedule State field for stories. I want something just like this, but based on a custom drop-down list field.

The app catalog has a community app called "Super Customizable CFD". This app does let you create a flow diagram based on a custom drop-down field. It almost works for me. But I think the problem I have with this app, is that it doesn't seem to be filtered by the current iteration, and I can't figure out how to make it do that. I'm not having much luck with its query setting.

Any suggestions for an app or report that does this? Or how to work with "Super Customizable CFD" more effectively?

• 2.  Re: Need cumulative flow by custom field
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 26, 2018 11:32 AM

This question is so ridiculously timely!  I actually just finishing giving the Super Customizable CFD app a makeover and I think it should support all of your use cases now. 

The new version should probably be available in-product in the community app catalog sometime next week, but if you'd like to try it out now you can always just grab the html from github and paste it into a Custom HTML app:

super-customizable-cfd/App.html at master · RallyCommunity/super-customizable-cfd · GitHub 

The app should now respect being placed on a timebox scoped custom page- iterations, releases and milestones.  And there are a bunch more ways you can configure the timeline for your chart- you can either configure it to use the timebox dates for start/end, use today for the end date, or use specific start/end dates.

Give it a spin and let me know how it goes!

As always, any issues can be reported on the github issues page for that app:

Issues · RallyCommunity/super-customizable-cfd · GitHub 

Cheers,

Kyle

• 3.  Re: Need cumulative flow by custom field

Posted Jan 29, 2018 11:36 AM

Great, thanks, this new version is just what I needed. I can see the flow of our stories throughout a sprint as they go from one environment to the next, based on a custom drop-down field we have. Thank you!

- Mark