Clarity

• 1.  Shift allocation from one project to another project

Posted Jan 27, 2018 12:12 AM

CA-PPM Version: 14.3

I know that, there is a way to shift the allocation from one date to another date.

But I would like to know, Is there any way to shift the allocation of a resource from one project to another?

Thanks

-Venkitta

• 2.  Re: Shift allocation from one project to another project

Posted Jan 27, 2018 03:09 PM

I don't think there is any functionality for that.

You could do it manually or with XOGing.

There is another thread which touches this

Is it possible to move Resource Allocation from Project 123 to Project 789 

• 3.  Re: Shift allocation from one project to another project
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 28, 2018 06:54 PM

Like urmas said, there is no "lift and drop" functionality for resource allocations between investments. But there are multiple views that allow you to manually create this "reallocation". From the individual 'Resource's - 'Allocations' view is the best place to do this - though obviously you can also perform this action from a 'Team Plan' as well (it gets registered in the 'Resource's' - 'Allocations' view automatically).

• 4.  Re: Shift allocation from one project to another project

Posted Feb 05, 2018 02:15 AM

Thank you ALL for the response

• 5.  Re: Shift allocation from one project to another project

Posted Feb 16, 2018 12:32 AM

Just an update on this reply. Brian Nathanson and his team were out in Australia recently talking to a collection of CA PPM clients from Sydney, Melbourne, and Canberra. He indicated that his team were looking at potentially introducing this feature for resource allocations in the new UX, but had not locked in anything. My response may need to be changed come the release of 15.4 / 15.5.