CA Service Management

• 1.  Edit an incident does not update the fields

Posted Jan 30, 2018 04:24 AM

Hello,

Right now what happens to me with the incidents is that when an incident is edited all the fields are updated. I understand that it is the functioning of SDM. My question is if there is any way that when you edit these fields do not update

Thanks and best regards

• 2.  Re:  Edit an incident does not update the fields

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 30, 2018 09:07 AM

Hello Eva,

It's possible to customize your ticket detail forms to display data in read-only fields instead of editable fields. It may also be possible to have the fields be editable when the ticket is being initially created, but read-only after it's been first saved, through creative use of PDM_IFs. If you can explain your use case, we might be able to provide some more specific suggestions.

Thanks,

Sean Johnston

• 3.  Re:  Edit an incident does not update the fields

Posted Jan 30, 2018 09:38 AM

Hello Sean and thanks for the answer.

An example I have an incident with a resolution date of 1/29/2018 10:00:00, when the incident is edited and canceled, the resolution date is automatically loaded by setting the date now. What I want to keep the date 29/01/2018 10:00:00

• 4.  Re:  Edit an incident does not update the fields

Posted Jan 30, 2018 10:31 AM
      |   view attached

Hello Sean,

With a spel Post_CI we force the resolution date and when the incident is edited and it is canceled the aforementioned occurs (it sets the date now and not the resolved date)
    I leave the log in case it helps you. (You look for resolve_date and on line 1469 this field appears) I think it can be for those lines where the date is changed

Thanks in advanced

Attachment(s)

zip
    LOG_EDIT.txt.zip   26 KB 1 version