Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

How to retrieve old actuals clarity data

• 1.  How to retrieve old actuals clarity data

Posted Jan 31, 2018 06:07 AM

Hello Everyone,

We are currently using clarity v12.1 as of PPM.

We are trying to retrieve old allocation vs actuals data data for the year 2016.

But while we run the job named "Report Data Extract:Allocation vs Actuals" the job runs for 5-6 minutes and the excel report generated shows no data (0KB in size).

Could anybody please help us out on how to retrieve the old submitted actuals data from clarity.

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  Re: How to retrieve old actuals clarity data

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 31, 2018 07:30 AM

This looks like a custom Job "Report Data Extract:Allocation vs Actuals" The actuals can be posted via Timesheet or transaction and entire financial cycle like running post timesheets jobs needs to be done. 

These documents can help 

How do I get the 'Actuals' to appear on the Project, Detailed Financial Cost Plan? 

How to display Actuals in the Project List View after a timesheet has been posted 

Actuals not in WIP but in Team or Actuals in wrong Team and not in WIP 

• 3.  Re: How to retrieve old actuals clarity data

Posted Jan 31, 2018 07:44 AM

Just wondering again...

If you are looking for 2016 data and if the data for your report comes from timeslices, do the timeslices for actuals and allocations go that far back?

• 4.  Re: How to retrieve old actuals clarity data

Posted Feb 01, 2018 04:11 AM

Thanks for your response.

While we try to generate a report the report runs for around 3-4 mins but the report generated shows 0KB data.

Also could you please suggest steps to extract those data?

• 5.  Re: How to retrieve old actuals clarity data

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 01, 2018 04:29 AM

You can open the report and take the query and see what its pulling the data.

• 6.  Re: How to retrieve old actuals clarity data

Posted Feb 01, 2018 04:30 AM

What time range do you daily and monthly actuals and allocations cover?

• 7.  Re: How to retrieve old actuals clarity data

Posted Feb 01, 2018 06:06 AM

how to check time range of daily and monthly actuals and allocations cover?

• 8.  Re: How to retrieve old actuals clarity data

Posted Feb 01, 2018 06:13 AM

Do check the query to see where from the data is coming.

To check the slices go to Administration > Data Management > Time Slices

Look at the From, Slice Period and Number of Periods where the Item is Actuals or Availablity.

• 9.  Re: How to retrieve old actuals clarity data

Posted Feb 01, 2018 06:59 AM

Checked and found multiple time slices in list.

Please find the attachment for reference.

Can you please help me out here?

• 10.  Re: How to retrieve old actuals clarity data

Posted Feb 01, 2018 10:42 AM

Those are the user defined slices. The DailyResourceAlloccurve starts at 1/31/17 which means it does not have 2016 data.

WeeklyResourceAllocCurve starts at 9/18/16.

The other Alloc and Avail slices do include 2016 data.

You really should have a look at the query.

In addition to those user defined slices there are the Instaslices.

If needed you can redefine the user defined slices when you want to run the report. However, that will take some time and put a load on the system when the slice data is generated.

After you have run the report you can set the slice definitions back to what they were.

If the query uses the Instaslices ie data in other slice tables than the ones for the listed user defined slices you are out of luck. Those slices cannot be redefined by the user and they do not include 2016. (Though there is a fix to extend those which you can get from the support)

• 11.  Re: How to retrieve old actuals clarity data

Posted Feb 02, 2018 12:20 AM

Thanks Urmas for your response.

While I am trying to change the user defined time slice properties its showing an alert as "Editing a time slice deletes the slice's existing data."

Is it good to change the time slice properties?

Thanks,

Bharat

• 12.  Re: How to retrieve old actuals clarity data

Posted Feb 02, 2018 03:12 AM

Jerin suggest below that  the actuals data is coming so no need to look at the actual slices yet.

As far as I can see the allocations are not in PPA_WIP nor in PPA_WIP_VALUES. I can only think of them coming from the PRTEAM.PRALLOCSUM or from PRTEAM.PRALLOCCURVE sliced into the allocation slices.

When you get
    "Editing a time slice deletes the slice's existing data."

It means what it says

If you have defined the slice for 2016 and the new definition is 2017 all 2016 will be deleted and the slice data for 2017 will be created.

If you have defined the slice for 2017 and the new definition is 2016 and 2017 nothing will be deleted but the data for 2016 will be added.

• 13.  Re: How to retrieve old actuals clarity data

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 01, 2018 05:54 PM

Hi,

Having worked with your org previously, I do know the architecture behind this custom job though there is a slight memory fade... The A vs A extract job pulls actuals from the ppa_wip table so the extract report depends on the other jobs as well.. Run the below job in sequential order

Post Timesheet

Post Transaction to financials

Post to WIP

Allocation - Actuals extract job (I dont remember the exact name)

and then run the report job or may be its the same as the above job. 

If the actuals are still not showing up, then its because the timesheet records are stuck in the prtimesheet table (prrmexported=0)

Check the tec doc in this community post which I had written to identify the timesheets which are stuck in prtimesheet table

CA Clarity Tuesday Tip: How to identify "Invalid Timesheets" or Actuals missing in WIP 

Let us know how ti goes.. 

Thanks,

Jerin

• 14.  Re: How to retrieve old actuals clarity data

Posted Feb 02, 2018 12:17 AM

Thanks Jerin for your response...

I have tried to pull the records for 2017 year and the data is getting generated in the report,but while we are trying to pull the records for 2016 the job is running for 3-4 mins but the file getting generated is 0KB in size.

Could you please help me out to find a possible solution and also for list of jobs you mentioned do that needed to be run for 2016 year or what should be recommended criteria?

Thanks,

Bharat 

• 15.  Re: How to retrieve old actuals clarity data

Posted Feb 02, 2018 03:14 AM

When the report returns 0 kb data does that mean that it returns 0 actuals or 0 allocations?

If the actuals data is coming from WIP it is easy to query if the 2016 data is there.