Clarity

• 1.  Can you modify the Collaboration Document Manager to support the addition of hyperlinks?

Posted Jan 31, 2018 10:04 AM

Clients are interested in being able to add hyperlinks to supporting material to the Document Manager tab within Collaboration.  Is this even possible?  I have combed over the forums and done some web searches, but nothing indicates this could be achieved, or, if so, how.

Thanks!

• 2.  Re: Can you modify the Collaboration Document Manager to support the addition of hyperlinks?

Posted Jan 31, 2018 11:20 AM

The short answer is no in a supported manner.

Technically you can - sort of

Just add a new document

Click Browse to add

Write the URL as the document name

Notice that it is changed. Click Save and Return.

Open Properties

Change the name back to the URL

Now it appears as a real URL. Double click it to open it

If this is the first time you are presented with the choice to open with and do that automatically from now on. Select your browser.

(Cannot add any more images. Continued in the next post)

• 3.  Re: Can you modify the Collaboration Document Manager to support the addition of hyperlinks?

Posted Jan 31, 2018 11:26 AM

When you click OK the page opens in a new window (for me)

Now the catch is that the link refers to something on the local drive - see the URL when the page opens or the file path when the "file" is selected (at least on my system).

That means that the link is not likely to work for anybody else.

Maybe somebody more technical can work around that - like putting the link on a shared drive on the server.

• 4.  Re: Can you modify the Collaboration Document Manager to support the addition of hyperlinks?

Posted Feb 01, 2018 01:30 AM

Could you consider putting the hyperlink into an HTML document?

Just put the link in the document and store it

Double click the doc name

After the doc is opened it is still stored locally, but the link goes to the "outside" net as you can see from the URL.