Clarity

• 1.  Query on object instance access & embedding image in portlet/ report

Posted Jan 31, 2018 01:41 PM

Hi All

I've 2 questions - one is related to access on an object instance and other is on feasibility of embedding an image in a portlet or JS report. 

1. I've status report created in my project and I have a field publish - a custom field to distinguish that it's the current active status report of the project. Now, we want to restrict the users from seeing unpublished status report - say I've 5 status report within a project and only one is marked published, then the users should be able to view only one status report which is marked published and not the other status report . Is there a way to restrict it? 

2. I want to have an image added to the portlet and I want to use the same in report. I can create an attachment field and read the image in. But how can i display that in a portlet or report? Is that possible? 

Any insight on this issue would be of great help. Thanks in advance. 

• 2.  Re: Query on object instance access & embedding image in portlet/ report

Posted Jan 31, 2018 03:07 PM

For the first question:

1. A custom Boolean attribute can be created

2. A custom logic can be induced to set this attribute to true, for one instance per project or so

3. A default filter can be published for the list view, that only displays instances that have this attribute set to true

For the second question:

Here again, a Boolean attribute can be displayed as an image. But you would have to choose from the list of 96 OOTB supplied image representations. The choices can be seen in a Boolean attribute definition page.

I doubt if it is possible to display an image read through an attachment field.

• 3.  Re: Query on object instance access & embedding image in portlet/ report

Posted Jan 31, 2018 03:29 PM

Hi Jeevan - On adding a Boolean value to default view, the user is open to make change to the filter and thus can be changed to view all. But I want to restrict it. The user should be seeing only the one enabled with publish and not any other. 

And on the other one, it's not a fixed image and it's more like an image attached everytime from a user when running a report. I'm not sure if it's doable. 

• 4.  Re: Query on object instance access & embedding image in portlet/ report

Posted Jan 31, 2018 03:32 PM

1st

You could put the status report rights into a group  as instance rights on the outset that other project rights do not give rights to status reports.

Then you could create a process which updates the instances for which the group has access every time the (boolean) attribute Publish is saved.

2nd

To display an image other than the OOTB images you would have to use an HTML portlet. That would be the image only.

If you put that on a page you could put another portlet under it.

I do agree with Jeevan that in a grid portlet you can only display the OOTB images on the rows with data.