Test Data Manager

Expand all | Collapse all

I have a question related to CA TDM Mainframe part. I´m planning to mask the data from flat file to db2 table. whats the procedure to complete the entire activity including CA TDM and mainframe JCL steps also?.

• 1.  I have a question related to CA TDM Mainframe part. I´m planning to mask the data from flat file to db2 table. whats the procedure to complete the entire activity including CA TDM and mainframe JCL steps also?.

Posted Feb 01, 2018 11:02 AM

I´m planning to mask the data from flat file to db2 table. whats the procedure to complete the entire activity including CA TDM and mainframe JCL steps also?.

I´m new to CA  TDM tool so I want to know the process of masking data from flat file to db2 table using mainframe method?.

• 2.  Re: I have a question related to CA TDM Mainframe part. I´m planning to mask the data from flat file to db2 table. whats the procedure to complete the entire activity including CA TDM and mainframe JCL steps also?.
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 01, 2018 11:24 AM

You might find some useful information here: https://docops.ca.com/ca-test-data-manager/4-4/en/provisioning-test-data/mainframe-masking-and-subsetting-jobs

If you don’t have the MF tools installed, look here: https://docops.ca.com/ca-test-data-manager/4-4/en/installing/mainframe-installation-and-upgrade

All the above will assume that you already have the Mainframe skills. If that isn’t the case, you will need to obtain some training on JCL etc before the above will be useful.

• 3.  Re: I have a question related to CA TDM Mainframe part. I´m planning to mask the data from flat file to db2 table. whats the procedure to complete the entire activity including CA TDM and mainframe JCL steps also?.

Posted Feb 02, 2018 11:17 AM

Thanks for the link and information. I have another question.

My requirement is , I have one flat file , to mask the data and load into DB2 table.

kindly share the steps in mainframe processing. It would be really useful for my understanding.

Thanks in Advance.