DX NetOps

• 1.  Configuring interface alarms on device

Posted Feb 01, 2018 11:29 AM

Here my situation.  I have created a GC of devices for a particular group of users.  The users have identified that they need to see any alarms for a particular interface on each device.  I have created custom search to identify these interfaces, but I don't know how to set them up to show up as a minor alarm on their associated devices and as a alarm on the alarm list for the GC. Is there a way to set these interfaces up in bulk to alarm on the device?  

• 2.  Re: Configuring interface alarms on device
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 01, 2018 11:50 AM
      |   view attached

Unfortunately this isn’t as simple as you would hope.  If you only need to have “Bad Link Detected” alarms on the device, then you can just change “AssertLinkDownAlarm” attribute to true on all interfaces.  But that won’t do it for any other alarm.  The only other option is event rules/procedures.  You’ll have to customize it for each event ☹

Here’s an example:

https://support.ca.com/us/knowledge-base-articles.tec518977.html

Cheers

Jay

• 3.  Re: Configuring interface alarms on device

Posted Feb 01, 2018 12:47 PM

No  I just need the "Bad link detected" alarm.  So I set them all to "yes", but still don't see the minor alarm show up on the device even though the interface is in  "condition -normal, status -down" state.

• 4.  Re: Configuring interface alarms on device

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 01, 2018 01:38 PM
      |   view attached

Do you have the alarm on the interface?  If so was the alarm on the interface before you made the change?

• 5.  Re: Configuring interface alarms on device

Posted Feb 01, 2018 01:46 PM

Yes it was there before the change.

• 6.  Re: Configuring interface alarms on device

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 01, 2018 01:49 PM
      |   view attached

Ok, that’s probably why then.  Changes like this only apply to NEW alarms, so an alarm after the change should show on the device.

Cheers

Jay

• 7.  Re: Configuring interface alarms on device

Posted Feb 01, 2018 01:57 PM

Ok thanks