Test Data Manager

• 1.  Where can I find Doc on GTDataProfiler

Posted Feb 01, 2018 02:48 PM

I am looking for documentation on using Batch GTDataProfiler

I would like to know why it is not picking up the JDBC Driver and what values to use in the connection.txt

I cant tell if it is trying to use ODBC or JDBC

pushd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Grid-Tools\GTDatamaker"
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Grid-Tools\GTDatamaker\GTDataProfiler.exe" "D:\ca\tdm\projects\Profiling_Vision_East\sample.data_connect.txt" "D:\ca\tdm\projects\Profiling_Vision_East\sample.data_Input.csv" "D:\ca\tdm\projects\Profiling_Vision_East\sample.data_options.txt"
    pause
    popd

DBUtils : <init> : dbu 4 : logon starts driver: com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver url: jdbc:db2://DDFDAT1.EAST.VZWCORP.COM:446/SYF1DTV1 user: c0digve profile: SYF1DTV1
    DBUtils : Logon : dbulogon 1 : logon starts
    DBUtils : PerformLogon : dbupl 11 : ClassNotFoundException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver
    DBUtils : PerformLogon : dbupl 11 : Driver not found:com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver
    DBUtils : PerformLogon : dbupl 11 : com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver
    DBUtils : Logon : dbulogon 2 : logon ends - returns: fal

• 2.  Re: Where can I find Doc on GTDataProfiler

Posted Feb 01, 2018 02:56 PM

Hi Bill, 

Can you try copying the db2jcc.jar,db2jcc_license_cisuz.jar jar files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Grid-Tools\GTDatamaker\lib directory of the TDM server? 

Did you create an ODBC connection profile for this?

1. On the 'Create New Profile in Test Data Repository' window, choose the 'Profile' name. 
    2. In the DBMS drop down list, choose the 'ODBC' option. 
    3. In the ODBC Source drop down list, if you don't already have one listed you will need to create one. Click on the icon next to the drop down. 
    4. In the 'ODBC Data Source Administrator' window, click on the 'Add' button. If you add a system DSN, then any user will be able to use this profile connection. 
    5. Select the 'IBM DB2 ODBC DRIVER- DB2COPY1' driver from the list and click the 'Finish' button. 
    6. In the 'ODBC IBM DB2 Driver-Add' window, choose the 'Data source name' (what you wish to call the connection), the 'Database alias', and the 'Description'. 
    7. Before clicking 'OK', click the 'Configure' button. 
    8. Enter in your User ID and Password, then click the 'Connect' button. You should receive a 'Connection is successful' message. Click the 'OK' button. 
    9. In the 'ODBC IBM DB2 Driver-Add' window, click the 'OK' button. 
    10. On the 'Create New Profile in Test Data Repository' window, click the green arrow 'Refresh' button. 
    11. Now select the ODBC Source drop down list and choose the source you just added. 
    12. Choose the 'Use specified login details' radio button to add your User ID, Password, click 'Store Password' button, and add your Default Schema. 
    13. Click the green gear button to test the connection. You should receive a message that the connection details are valid. 
    14. Now click the green checkmark button. Now the profile is added to your Datamaker profile list.

https://support.ca.com/us/knowledge-base-articles.TEC1711126.html 

I could not find relevant documentation. 

I think doing both these things should resolve the issue. If not, please open a support case. Contact CA Support - CA Technologies 

• 3.  Re: Where can I find Doc on GTDataProfiler

Posted Feb 01, 2018 03:40 PM
      |   view attached

Hi Taylor

Yes both jar files are in

The ODBC connection was created, we are using it in datamaker

Here is the connect file, if I switch TYPE from ODBC to JDBC or vice versa,

same result.

type=ODBC

datasource=VEPROFILE

host=DDFDAT1.EAST.VZWCORP.COM

port=446

dbms=db2

username=*****

password=******

defaultschema=aqt1

On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 2:57 PM, gilta03 <

• 4.  Re: Where can I find Doc on GTDataProfiler
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 01, 2018 04:53 PM

I got is to work.  I have to explicitly name the db2jcc4-10-5.xx.jar to

db2jcc4.jar.

On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 2:57 PM, gilta03 <

• 5.  Re: Where can I find Doc on GTDataProfiler

Posted Feb 08, 2018 08:19 AM

gilta03 Hi Taylor, looking for Doc on GTDataProfiler also would like to run trace etc...but complete doc would be helpful. Thanks

• 6.  Re: Where can I find Doc on GTDataProfiler

Posted Feb 08, 2018 08:57 AM

I have created request US457040 with the documentation team to have this created.