Clarity

• 1.  Staffing Tool Hours Issue?

Posted Feb 02, 2018 02:42 PM

Not sure if any one else is experiencing this - but I thought I'd ask. 

We're having our PMs and Resource Managers dive head-on into using the Staffing tool in the new UX. The only thing we're running into, is if someone Replaces an allocation with an individual, not all of the hours are carried over to the resource we replaced the roll with.

It hasn't happened before updating to 15.3, and I'm not sure why it has started to happen since the update.

• 2.  Re: Staffing Tool Hours Issue?
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 02, 2018 06:04 PM

Shannon:

You should confirm that your Roles are on the same calendar as the named resources.  Sometimes Roles are on a calendar that has no or different holidays than the named resource has.  This will result in different availabilities, and therefore different Allocation amounts.

John

• 3.  Re: Staffing Tool Hours Issue?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 04, 2018 11:29 PM

Hi,

I may not understand your problem correctly.

To view and compare values of FTE / HOURS in New UI, move the mouse cursor to left side of FTE value.

Then Icon appears.

Click Icon and dialog appears. Select Hours and FTE checkbox.

Now, FTE and Hours are displayed.

Please go to Team/Detail page and check FTE/Hours between New UI and Team/Detail page.

I did not find any difference FTE / Hours in my ppm15.3.

Regards,

Shoichi

• 4.  Re: Staffing Tool Hours Issue?

Posted Feb 05, 2018 09:02 AM

Hi Shoichi,

It's not that I can't see the hours. Its when I replace an assigned role, with an actual resource. The hours (or FTE) I assign to the Role previous to the switch, don't all move after I've replaced the role with an actual resource/name. It keeps a second instance of that role, with a very small number for allocation.

• 5.  Re: Staffing Tool Hours Issue?

Posted Feb 05, 2018 02:19 PM

That sounds like what jfechenbach  posted above. Have your checked it?

• 6.  Re: Staffing Tool Hours Issue?

Posted Feb 05, 2018 07:54 PM

Hi Shannon,

You may also want to check the note that appears in the Replace a Role with a Named  Resource section in the below documentation. Not sure if you are encountering the use case mentioned in the note where you have soft booking rights and the allocation booking status is hard. 

Request Resources and Roles to Staff Investments [CA PPM SaaS] 

Request Resources and Roles to Staff Investments [CA PPM On Premise] 

Regards, Sarmistha

• 7.  Re: Staffing Tool Hours Issue?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 06, 2018 02:57 AM

Hi shannon-rivas,

I could replicate you mentioned behavior.

I prepared 2 calendars. One is "Standard" calendar and other is "Standard_test" calendar and it has a lot of  Non-Workday.

I defined Developer Role who uses "Standard_test" calendar and Resource1 who uses "Standard" calendar.

I added Developer Role as Team staff. Allocation of Developer is very small because it uses"Standard_test" calendar.

Next step, I replaced this Developer Role to Resource1.

The Allocation of Resource1 was different from Developer. It became to large amount of hours.

It sounds like what John posted above.

Regards,

Shoichi