Clarity

• 1.  Unsupported or invalid setting in Clarity or Third party configuration(Data base server)

Posted Feb 05, 2018 04:25 AM
      |   view attached

Hi All,

We are in the process of upgrading the application from 13.2 -->13.3 patch 14--> 15.3.

Initially we upgraded the application to Clarity 13.3 Base version, Here we got errors in "Cluster Health Overview" under 'Data base server' Section (Character set ,Sort setting ).

When we mouse over on the error, It saying "Unsupported or invalid string in Clarity or third party-configuration".

Please suggest me the steps to resolve these errors.

Attached the error screen shot image.

=============

Environment details:

• Java --> jdk1.7.0_25
      Tomcat --> /apache-tomcat-7.0.42
      DB Version--> Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.3.0 - 64bit Production
      OS--> Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.8 (Santiago) 64 bit

===============

Thanks & Regards,
    Ram Babu

• 2.  Re: Unsupported or invalid setting in Clarity or Third party configuration(Data base server)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 05, 2018 04:30 AM

This error means your database parameters are not set correctly and you can take a look at the recommendations mentioned in our guide and ask the DBA to set the same 

https://docops.ca.com/ca-ppm/15-3/en/installing-and-upgrading/install-ca-ppm#InstallCAPPM-ConfigureaDatabasewithOracle 

Also I believe you have a open case too 

Regards

Suman Pramanik 

• 3.  Re: Unsupported or invalid setting in Clarity or Third party configuration(Data base server)

Posted Feb 05, 2018 05:34 AM

Thank you Suman,

I will check with DBA team and get back to you.

Thanks & Regards,

Ram Babu