Test Data Manager

• 1.  What mask function is best suitable for below scenario?.

Posted Feb 05, 2018 06:00 AM

I have a similar record in my table.

ACCOUNT-NO   ACCOUNT-NAME   TYPE      AMOUNT   TRANSACTION-ID   STATUS   MEMO

234323434533   kamalakannan         savings   345900        TXN2312313123   Sucess      Kamalakannan has transfered 5000euros to account no 3547626537 successfully.

My question is, I want to mask Memo column and the resut would be

ACCOUNT-NO   ACCOUNT-NAME   TYPE      AMOUNT   TRANSACTION-ID   STATUS   MEMO

234323434533   kamalakannan         savings   345900        TXN2312313123   Sucess      ************* has transfered **** euros to account no ********** successfully.

I want to protect only sensitive data.

• 2.  Re: What mask function is best suitable for below scenario?.

Posted Feb 05, 2018 06:59 AM

Replace numbers by *.

Send the ACCOUNT-NAME to a variable and replace the variable with *.

Regards,

Francis

• 3.  Re: What mask function is best suitable for below scenario?.

Posted Feb 05, 2018 07:17 AM

Thanks for quick reply. I´m looking built in functions in CA TDM tool not custom functions.

• 4.  Re: What mask function is best suitable for below scenario?.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 05, 2018 10:15 AM

You could look at the PARTMASK and POSITIONMASK functions to mask the data.

Masking Functions and Parameters - CA Test Data Manager - 4.4 - CA Technologies Documentation 

If its difficult to identify the position since its only a description field, you could just mask the entire field with a fixed value such as *

Thanks,

Anil

• 5.  Re: What mask function is best suitable for below scenario?.

Posted Feb 06, 2018 10:24 AM

Masking function should replace all characters or numbers  by * except (which i listed down in the parameters)

ex: parm parameters are(has, transfered, to, euros, account no, successfully, hold, failure, transaction). 

Sample column value: Kamalakannan has transfered 5000euros to account no 3547626537 successfully.

Please let me know the fucntion name.

• 6.  Re: What mask function is best suitable for below scenario?.
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 06, 2018 09:23 PM

Masking the digits is easy - just use REGEXPREPLACE and replace [0-9] with \*.

Replacing the name with '*****' could be done with REGEXPREPLACE as well - replace '^[a-zA-Z]* has ' with '\*\*\*\*\* has ' - this is assuming that all the 'memo' fields start with the text "<name> has ".  This will give you a fixed number of asterisks rather than the same number as there were characters in the original name.

In FDM you will have to save these as separate masks and run them one after the other, as FDM will not let you mask the same column twice in the same mask.

Hope that helps!

James