IT Process Automation

• 1.  ITPAM-Service Now integration

Posted Feb 05, 2018 01:19 PM

Hi,

We have integrated IT PAM with Service Now for Incident creation. Alerts are sent from SOI to IT PAM through SRF form and ITPAM uses SOAP operator to create the Incidents in Service Now. 

I'm trying to build a logic which will query Service Now instance and if it has an Incident already opened for the same Description and Incident state is less than Resolved/Closed in Service Now, the Incident creation will be skipped

I think it can be done by writing some logic in Pre-Execution of main operator. Any help here???

Regards,

Suraj Rana

• 2.  Re: ITPAM-Service Now integration

Posted Feb 05, 2018 03:19 PM

Hi Suraj Rana,

So what you need, is a Soap/Rest Call to Service now and a post Execution interpretation of the response, like any integration.

Based on what your logic decides you can go one path (create a new a  new incidente) or another, do nothing.

I don't know how service now works and how you can do this call, but if you can do it using postman/Soap UI, you probably can reproduce it using Pam's operator.

After that, is a matter of using the right logis, as you said.

So in a more visual way:

A simple example is like this

you have a call using a webservice (or db), That would verify if you need to create a incident

Make sure you've marked all the options that you need from Call Results

Create custom ports for each kind of possible exit

In this example, there are two options

true and not true

The way we usually work with webservices using PAM is: You get the right envelope on soap-ui/postman and then use it on PAM. Make the same call, without post-Execution parameters, and see what output the operator produce

Right-click the info that you need on Dataset and get the full path of the parameter

hope it helps