Service Virtualization

• 1.  How to configure windows N/W path for reshub.project.dir in linux

Posted Feb 05, 2018 11:47 AM

Hi All,

Of late, I was trying on a distributed installation setup. I'm having a situation where my portal is running on one of the linux installations and the workstaion is on a windows server.

now I have my projects everything are created in the lisa_home projects folder on the windows machine. when I open the portal from the browser, it only giving the projects on the linux machine where the portal is running which is expected.

I'm trying to change the path of the reshub.projects.dir property but I'm clueless as to how to provide the windows path in the linux machine. I did tried few options but non of these are working.

Gave \\\\10.250.101.50\\C:\\"Program Files"\\CA\\DevTest\\Projects. Even tried ////10.250.101.50/C:/"Program Files"/CA/DevTest/Projects.

But non of these seem to be working and when I open portal, I'm getting file not found 500 exception.

can someone help me with the how to configure the windows path in the linux..is there something I'm missing.

For the time being I have installed the server on windows and ran the portal on the windows by adding the lisa.registryname property in the local.properties and registry.hostname in the pheonix.properties file to point to the registry on the linux. This loads the windows projects in the portal but I want to have the portal running on the linux machine and still be able to load the projects in the windows machine.

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards,

Shivakumar.

• 2.  Re: How to configure windows N/W path for reshub.project.dir in linux
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 05, 2018 01:07 PM

You will have to work with your Linux system people to have the needed Windows machine visible on Linux. 

If Linux can see the Windows machine, then the Portal should be able to as well.

• 3.  Re: How to configure windows N/W path for reshub.project.dir in linux

Posted Feb 06, 2018 04:45 AM

Hi Marcy.

I was able to ping and telnet the windows machine from linux. When I looked at the portal logs, I see an error msg like unauthorized. I'm not sure if we need to pass any credentials. Do you think, I need to mount the windows folder on to the linux ? Simple giving the path like I mentioned in my earlier post will not suffice?

Regards,

Shivakumar.

• 4.  Re: How to configure windows N/W path for reshub.project.dir in linux

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 06, 2018 08:51 AM

Yes, I would think you would need to have the Windows drive mount on Linux.  Your Linux admin people should be able to do this for you.

Regards,

Marcy

• 5.  Re: How to configure windows N/W path for reshub.project.dir in linux

Posted Feb 22, 2018 04:36 AM

Hi Marcy,

Greetings!!

I did tried mounting the windows project folder on to the linux machine and provided all the directory and file permissions. But still the portal is failing to load the projects. below is what the error I'm getting. 

ERROR com.ca.lisa.core.project.ProjectsController - /opt/CA/ProjectDir/.rhProjectInfo

java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException: /opt/CA/ProjectDir/.rhProjectInfo

at sun.nio.fs.UnixException.translateToIOException(UnixException.java:84)

at sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(UnixException.java:102)

at sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(UnixException.java:107)

at sun.nio.fs.UnixFileSystemProvider.newByteChannel(UnixFileSystemProvider.java:214)

at java.nio.file.spi.FileSystemProvider.newOutputStream(FileSystemProvider.java:434)

at java.nio.file.Files.newOutputStream(Files.java:216)

at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.NioGroovyMethods.newObjectOutputStream(NioGroovyMethods.java:133)

at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.NioGroovyMethods.withObjectOutputStream(NioGroovyMethods.java:149)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards,

Shivakumar.