DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Introscope Enterprise Agent Metrics Limit Clamp

Posted Feb 06, 2018 09:24 AM

Hi,

I am seeing Active Clamps for  Introscope Enterprise Agent Metrics on my Collector. We have a cluster environment, MOM and one Collector. We are running version 10.5.1. The threshold is 50000 and the current value shows up as Multiple on the APM status console. We have 42 agents and currently 6 agents are not mounted. I am not sure if this clamp is causing the agents not to mount.

I did some research and it seems the limit is set on apm-evets-thresholds-config.xml file. What is the maximum limit I can set this property to? I see the following values.

Number of Metrics set to 148 K

Number of Metrics Handled 153 K

Number of Applications 124

Thanks,

Arnab

• 2.  Re: Introscope Enterprise Agent Metrics Limit Clamp
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 06, 2018 09:43 AM

following is the property you have to edit to increase or decrease agent metric limit. you might be using old version of agent that why you are getting so many metrics.

I have one SAP SED cluster running on 9.1 and I increase agent limit to 100K.

<clamp id="introscope.enterprisemanager.agent.metrics.limit">
                <description>
                    Most properties here put limits on # of metrics.
                    The last limits metric data. The metric clamping properties support hot config.
                    Per Agent limit. Takes into account live and historical metrics.
                </description>
                <threshold value="60000"/> 
            </clamp>

you will also find the details discussion of this topic in following discussion.

https://communities.ca.com/message/242026816-introscopeenterprisemanageragentmetricslimit