DX NetOps

• 1.  Discovery of Cellular Interfaces  in EH6.1

Posted Feb 06, 2018 04:04 AM

We are running very old eHealth 6.1 software, which does not find Cellar Interfaces on some hardware, cisco800, 1900s, for example.   I have heard that there is a Patch available (D18) that will enable this discovery to work.

Has anyone had similar experience or know of what Fixes are provided in patch D18? Or even if there is another way to find Cellular interfaces in the LAN/WAN mode.

• 2.  Re: Discovery of Cellular Interfaces  in EH6.1

Posted Feb 06, 2018 05:52 AM

Hello!

Sorry, we do not have now the Read me from the D18, just for D19 kit.

Anyway, we recommend you to apply the D19 that will have all the Certification Kits until now:

CA Technologies - Support 

• 3.  Re: Discovery of Cellular Interfaces  in EH6.1

Posted Feb 06, 2018 10:57 PM

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your response.

Can you also advise me, if the D19 patch can be successfully loaded onto a eHealth 6.1 Cluster on Solaris system?

Kind regards

Simon

• 4.  Re: Discovery of Cellular Interfaces  in EH6.1

Posted Feb 07, 2018 07:05 AM

Hello Simon!

Yes, you can!

For more details, please see the Read Me:

http://ehealth-spectrum.ca.com/support/secure/certkits/verify/December_Verification_English/EH_622_D19_README 

• 5.  Re: Discovery of Cellular Interfaces  in EH6.1

Posted Feb 09, 2018 12:38 AM

Thanks Alex, This is very clear.

Questions: as I need to be clear on this before we advise to go ahead:

From your experience, How long would the process take?
    Is it practical/advisable or are there risks to loading the patch on all servers at once?
    [we have 15 pollers and 2 consoles. And 450000 elements, with ~370000 actually being polled].

Is it generally expected that systems support should be loading these Patches as they become available?

Regards

Simon

• 6.  Re: Discovery of Cellular Interfaces  in EH6.1
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 09, 2018 05:44 AM

Hello Simon!

This process will not take more than 1 hour, usually minutes.

Its not practical to load the patch in all 15 pollers, just start on the poller where you will do the discovery of the new Devices, Test, then if for the only one that you updated to the D19 patch gets all you need from the Device, then just update others if you will need to discover those new certified Devices, because its just a Certification kit.

About the last question, in the Read said to you to stop the ehealth ( NOT the Oracle DB), apply and manually start it.

If your questions is already answered, could you please mark here as question answered please.

Kind Regards,

Alex Yasuda
    CA Technologies
    Sr Support Engineer