Clarity

• 1.  Manage Roles, how to add all users to a certain group?

Posted Feb 06, 2018 08:54 AM

Hi Community Members

As Above, the only way I can add more than one user to a specific Role is to mark them while pressing 'shift' key on keyboard. Is there any way to grant access to all CA PPM accounts in one strike? 

Considering the number of users I wish to grant access to it would be heck of a task to grand it separately, one by one.

• 2.  Re: Manage Roles, how to add all users to a certain group?
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 10, 2018 02:16 PM

Karol:

Security/access rights management inside of Advanced Reporting is very limited, and not amenable to user friendly Role management as it appears you want to do.   That said, most organizations that want to manage groups of user access rights to reports are doing so because they want to manage access to specific sets of reports and designate which roles will access which specific reports.  This was possible in earlier versions of CA PPM that used the Business Objects based reporting. That capability vanished with the initial introduction of Advanced Reporting in v14.  However, in v15.3, the ability to manage access to specific reports and associate those access rights to CA PPM security groups within the CA PPM application security model without needing to wrestle with Jaspersoft security was restored.  You do not mention which version of CA PPM you are running, but if you are on a version below 15.3, there is relief on the horizon.  

John Fechenbach

• 3.  Re: Manage Roles, how to add all users to a certain group?

Posted Feb 11, 2018 10:49 PM

In V14.2 (or thereabouts), there was also a limit of the number of users which can be added to a JasperSoft role, at least using a Oracle database.  This was due to JasperSoft using 'in' statement where Oracle has the limit, which I believe is around 1,000 (we have more than that number of users in Clarity, so it was failing).

Don't know if has been resolved in later versions of Clarity as we gave up using 'custom roles' in JasperSoft due to this limitation.

At that time, it was a matter of selecting the 'first person', scroll down the list, hold down the shift-key and select the last person, painful, and then I hit the above challenge.