Working through the DevPortal 4.2 installation document and running into some issues.
My corporate VM team provisioned the VM using the OVA file specified in the documentation. My question is towards the end of this list:
#19 states to Configure your network, NTP, or other configuration as needed.
When I installed the API Gateway 9.2, there were detailed instructions on how to go in and setup network connectivity for the VMs but I am not seeing any of that within this documentation.
Can anyone provide these details so that I can get this VM connected to my network and to the point where I can configure the product?
To provision the OVA, follow these steps:
- Download the API Developer Portal Virtual CentOS 4.2 from support.ca.com.
- Using a vSphere client, connect to your vSphere server.
- Click File and select Deploy OVF Template.
- Click Browse and navigate to where the CA API Developer Portal OVA was downloaded.
- Select the OVA, click Open, and click Next to proceed.
- Verify the details and click Next to continue.
- Enter a name for this instance, select the Inventory Location and click Next.
- Select the Host / Cluster to deploy to and click Next.
- Select the Resource Pool to deploy to and click Next.
- Select the DataStore to use and click Next.
- Select Thin Provision as the Disk Format and click Next.
- Click Next from the Network Mapping dialog.
- Review the settings and click Finish to provision the VM.
- Power on the VM.
- Click the Summary tab and wait for the IP addresses to be reported back. Click View all if there are several addresses.
- Copy the private IP address of the VM.
SSH into the system and log in as the portal user.
You are prompted to change the password.
- Change your portal password and log back in using the new password.
Configure your network, NTP, or other configuration as needed.