Clarity

• 1.  Want to check crontab is Enabled or Not in Server

Posted Feb 07, 2018 01:58 AM

Hi ,

I want to check Crontab is enabled or not  on the  server,  How to check this ?

Assume if crontab is not enabled on this server Is it possible to build the Jaspersoft restart services via shell script in clarity.Please advise..

I need to build Jaspersoft restart services script via shell script in clarity.

• 2.  Re: Want to check crontab is Enabled or Not in Server

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 07, 2018 02:28 AM

Cron is a service at OS layer and you can check more details here https://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/howto-linux-unix-start-restart-cron/ 

How to Schedule Tasks in Linux with Cron and Crontab 

If the cron is not enable then it can be done but its tricky php - creating schedule task without Cron job - Stack Overflow 

Also can you please explain "I need to build Jaspersoft restart services script via shell script in clarity."  because as far as my understanding goes PPM has nothing to do with Jaspersoft services and it can be restarted without any intervention of PPM 

Hope this helps 

Regards

Suman Pramanik 

• 3.  Re: Want to check crontab is Enabled or Not in Server

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 07, 2018 02:57 AM

Hi,

As mentioned by Suman, if your server is Linux OS, you can use cron and crontab. 

If your server is Windows OS, you cannot use cron because it is not provided in Windows OS.

So, you may need to use "schtasks.exe" like as cron.

Schtasks.exe (Windows) 

Regards,

Shoichi

• 4.  Re: Want to check crontab is Enabled or Not in Server

Posted Feb 08, 2018 12:11 PM

Himuthukumaran.mohanarengan  ,

A workaround for making the Jasperservice automatic restart is you can build a batch file and schedule it on the app server.

Let me know if it works for you

/Shubham